Thread: Bargain Hunt

Bargain Hunt

Just worked out what my bargain outfit for today has cost.
    Blouse ?3, linen mix trousers ?5, kimono ?5. Total whole outfit excluding shoes ?13.
    Shoes or sandals, whichever I decide to wear were ?19 a pair, costing me more than the clothes. Most expensive part of ensemble.
    Of course all bought in sales.

I never could resist a bargain.

Sounds great! Don't understand why people ever pay full price for clothes, but you had definitely had a good bargain hunt there.

I never pay full price for anything. There is a shop in the village that has a Klass concession, I love their clothes but always buy when they reduce them and I can get a dress for a tenner. In fact, very rarely do I pay over ?10 for anything unless it is for something special, the result is, I have a wardrobe heaving with clothes and shoes. Shoes, I like Clarks, but then again always buy them from outlets at vastly reduced prices and always in their sales but they do cost more than the clothes.

everything5pounds.com.....

clothes, shoes, boots, bags etc... got a whole new wardrobe and its all good, had Next, Boohoo, Made in Italy, they have new stuff everyday, I have had to ban myself from looking

I often look on there but a bit dubious about the sizes. Do they have end of lines? Unfortunately the make isn't stated in the description to give a better idea of sizing.
    If I could be sure of the fit I would use them

most of the larger sizes are stretchy and fit well, they use a size 16 model and usually state what size she is wearing, the 'other' model is an 8, normally you can judge by how the clothes look on the model,

most of what i have is a good fit, what doesn't suit me goes to a sister or friend for christmas/birthday gifts so its a win win.

got a jacket last year was selling in a catalogue for £50.00.

I love a good bargain! I also love clothes and have far too many (quite a few that don't fit anymore but I live in hope!) I'm quite obsessed with Hot UK deals and find that you can usually find voucher codes for most places. I've probably had my best bargains from Tesco (£1 dress) but treated myself to a £3 top from H&M recently as well as a £5 dress from New Look. I also got a suit from Tesco for £15.
    I find shoes hard to find though, I am supposed to only wear certain types that usually don't look pretty, I prefer winter as suitable boots that don't make me look 70 are easier to find.
    What's everyone's favourite bargain? XxX

My favourite bargains are from the reduced section in the supermarket after they have been knocked down several times. If we will eat it and it will freeze, it is cheap enough and not rubbish I buy it.
    Once got £80 worth of meat for under a fiver, and no, it wasn't a mistake. Large beef joints for 59p, amongst other things, I couldn't believe it. Space in the freezer so I cleared the lot.
    In fact most of our meals are bargains I have got and frozen. It is not very often we have anything that is full price.
    Can't be too proud in this day and age when money has to stretch like elastic.

I love everythingfive pounds too and as a larger lady I find that their range of tops is brilliant but their trousers/bottoms are very limited in bigger sizes. I love charity shops too and often find bargains for myself, but hubby's a bit more difficult to buy for as he's a 5xl and bigger mens clothes are so expensive and bargains much harder to find than bigger women's. The kids are now teens and fussy about charity shop stuff (so easy when they were young), so most of their stuff's either from Ebay or Sports Direct, where we make a couple of big orders a year of sale stuff to save delivery charges.
    I love the reduced section at the supermarket but as I now struggle to get round the shops due to my mobility, I get our big shop delivered so don't get as many reduced bargains. I've had some real bargains in the past, the best one being £60 worth of meat for £6 at Tesco. I still manage the odd reduced bargain at our local Coop if I time my visit well.

I go round our supermarket on my scooter. Local Coop's are good for bargains, although quite expensive in the 1st place, when they reduce, they reduce well. Daughter lives near one.
    We have a Crawshaws in our local town and if you go there last thing at night you can get cooked chickens and cooked gammon joints at £1 each, not small ones either and saves cooking. Not very often I am there at that time though as I rarely go into town anymore.

I recently had a kitchen refit and my plates are too large for the dishwasher. Was looking at some dessert plates that I really liked on Amazon @ £28 for six. Went into our local charity shop for some books yesterday and there were 7, almost identical plates, 30p each, so I brought the lot.