Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speeding Ticket

Just to clarify my situation, I have the police photo but it does not make clear which side of the cross roads it took place.
    They cannot tell us which side it was which is important as if it was one side it was my wife if the other it was me. I went out directly after my wife drove us home, we live 1 min from the junction who was at the wheel.
    I explained this and they seem OK with me accepting the blame as my wife already has 3 points.

I'd just stick with that. Nothing more you can do really.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I would get it in writing, & make it legal with a solicitor, I really would. That way you are covered then, both of you are.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by tinker View Post
    Just to clarify my situation, I have the police photo but it does not make clear which side of the cross roads it took place.
    They cannot tell us which side it was which is important as if it was one side it was my wife if the other it was me. I went out directly after my wife drove us home, we live 1 min from the junction who was at the wheel.
    I explained this and they seem OK with me accepting the blame as my wife already has 3 points.

tinker, the person you are dealing with either is unfamiliar with the law or just incompetent, the NIP/s172 is a legal doc. if you return it with the incorrect details you may find yourself in the same boat as Mr Hume, only trying to help you with this, Walkman has pointed this out in some detail and I have provided a link where you can get all the help you need with this matter.

If the photo you have is from a camera van it will be a still from a video, make an appointment to view the video, if the photo is from a fixed camera post it on here (remove Reg. No and any personal i.d) and let me have the location I will try to tell you which side of the cross road it took place.

If you choose to go your way with this I wish you the best of luck,

T.
    Last edited by terryo2; 14-03-12 at 12:30.

IMHO you cant win against the law .If it's unclear who was driving why not who ever has the least points on their licence take the points because one way or another one of you is going to have to.
    Last edited by barbiejane; 16-03-12 at 10:21.

Well I filled in the form stating that we were not 100% certain who was driving but I'll say it's me as my wife already had 3 points, so we'll see what happens.
    Mind you we've just realised that her points were over 4 years ago so I don't think they still apply.
    Funnily enough I saw the 'van' in the village yesterday so stopped and asked him if he knew which location is ***** South, it turns out it could be one of 4 whereas North is only 1 location so none the wiser.

What a mess really. You try to be honest & they cannot help you. I still suggest legal advice, just to make sure you are covered.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by warkman View Post
    Lighttouch,
    As I have explained, its not rubbish whatsoever, the law is quite specific and laid down in statute. in this case 30MPH is the MAXIMUM, not a maybe.
    As for creeping past the poilice, all speedometers are calibrated low and if you think you are doing 30MPH or just above you actual posted speed will be lower, hence the lack of interest.
    rubbish by law they have to be correct, and they allow a percentage over the limit for ware and tare
    if we where to take your post as correct you will be saying next breath tests low to allow for people cant take there drink the same

by the way

You are entitled to see the calibration certificate for a speed camera. This should identify the make, model and serial number for the camera and prove that it has been calibrated within 12 months of the alleged offence. It may be that the Police refuse to disclose this information before a Summons has been issued and strictly speaking, there is no obligation for them to assist before then. However, most Police forces will provide information upon request.
    ex Magistrate

agree with 31 is against law in 30 zone in fact you could be done doing 20 if conditions made speed dangerous

Well the outcome of this is that I have been offered a Speed Awareness Course for £85 if I don't want the points and £60 fine.
    This is despite me writing all over the form in black ink that we don't know for sure who was driving but as my wife has 3 points I'll accept the blame.
    I'll go on the course assuming they can cope with disabled as I heard on the radio that insurance policies add 20% to the policy if you have points and thinking forward in time when and if Motability stops I'll have to sort out my own policy.