Thread: I won my appeal today but . . . . .

I won my appeal today but . . . . .

Good evening all, I trust this day finds you well

I had the great fortune of emerging victorious from my appeal tribunal re:PIP today and it has been awarded for 5 years! It is also going to be backdated 6 months as I was initially disqualified in January. Does anybody have advice/idea when this backpayment will be made as I can find no information elsewhere . . . . . I hope I'm not sounding too ahead of myself but this money is needed ASAP and I would like to begin planning it's use, also ASAP.

Many thanks in anticipation of any advice,

CHRIS CHANEY
    Gateshead

Quote Originally Posted by Chris217 View Post
    Good evening all, I trust this day finds you well

I had the great fortune of emerging victorious from my appeal tribunal re:PIP today and it has been awarded for 5 years! It is also going to be backdated 6 months as I was initially disqualified in January. Does anybody have advice/idea when this backpayment will be made as I can find no information elsewhere . . . . . I hope I'm not sounding too ahead of myself but this money is needed ASAP and I would like to begin planning it's use, also ASAP.

Many thanks in anticipation of any advice,

CHRIS CHANEY
    Gateshead
    Firstly congratulations!wonderful to hear your news.

I won my appeal on Wednesday 18th May without having to turn up for the hearing, I got a call in the morning to say my appeal had been looked at and I was being awarded enhanced care without the need to go to Court.

I know it was lodged on the DWP system on the 23rd May, returned to the Court as wrong dates had been entered and is relogged back on the system again, the original date of 23rd May is still the date to be used by the DWP if they wish to question the decision.

They have until Monday 20th June to appeal the decision, as of yet I have had no extra award paid and no back pay of almost 8 months.

Congratulations for your victory too - I hope we both get what is due to use sooner rather than later. At least we can bask in our moral victory in the meantime I suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris217 View Post
    Congratulations for your victory too - I hope we both get what is due to use sooner rather than later. At least we can bask in our moral victory in the meantime I suppose!
    We most certainly can bask! Will let you know if I hear anything before Monday, actually the date the DWP have to appeal the decision is Sunday 19th June so I may hear something soon, i hope.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by bspm View Post
    We most certainly can bask! Will let you know if I hear anything before Monday, actually, the date the DWP have to appeal the decision is Sunday 19th June so I may hear something soon, I hope.
    Hi BSPM,

I thought I'd ask you as I'm somewhat familiar with your case.

When were already in receipt of PIP and you did your change of circumstances when you won at appeal, were you backdated from the date which you lodged your change of circumstances or the date which you got your new decision from?

The reason I ask is because I know there are rules in respect to DLA-PIP but I'm not sure with PIP-Higher Award.

Thank you and all the best,

Z

congratulations on your award, i also won my appeal for pip got standard rate daily living component and the higher rate on mobility. had my final tribunal 11th november and received my backdated pay (just over £4000 going back to march 16) about 2 weeks later. give them a quick call to jog them along as you have been waiting long enough for there decision. they told me they have up to 4 weeks in which to appeal the decision should they want to. obviously in my case they did not want to appeal it. hope this helps you. and congratulations again. wayne liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    Hi BSPM,

I thought I'd ask you as I'm somewhat familiar with your case.

When were already in receipt of PIP and you did your change of circumstances when you won at appeal, were you backdated from the date which you lodged your change of circumstances or the date which you got your new decision from?

The reason I ask is because I know there are rules in respect to DLA-PIP but I'm not sure with PIP-Higher Award.

Thank you and all the best,

Z

I am sorry I have only just seen this, I bet you forgot you asked me a question it's been so long lol !

When I won my appeal it was backdated to when I asked for a change of circumstances.

Just as an update I got the back payment with my PIP payment on the 28th June or thereabouts.