Thread: can you get the pip assessment points by calling

can you get the pip assessment points by calling

Had my PIP assessment last week, I found out on here that that I can request a copy of the report, however, I was wondering if I call, can the dwp tell me the points for care/ mobility that the assessor has assigned. Or is this only available by waiting for a paper copy to be sent.

Thanks for any insight into this

I doubt you could do that.

I was told to write a letter and explain using the descriptors specifically so like you ask, why couldn't you just explain over the phone.

They do say a DWP rep will get in touch with you to discuss your decision where they can supersede it or something. I have not had my call yet though regarding this, and the cheeky punts started my MR when I asked to discuss my decision, even after I said I wanted to send evidence first.

Hi Billy

They did the same to me and started the mandatory reconsideration without discussing or sending me the report thingy. I had no idea what I was doing. I just rang and they said did I want to send in more evidence, I said I had nothing else to send but that they had dismissed that already sent. Next thing I know I was being told 8 weeks to look at it again and that was that.

I have rang again today to ask for a copy of capitas report and they have logged I have asked for it and they have sent me a text just to say they are looking at reconsideration now and there is nothing I need to do. I did also ask for the decision maker to ring me too but have to wait up to 5 days she said. I emailed the asd charity to help with mine but I fear it's too late now. I have requested one just by making the phone call. I had no idea as you used to be able to speak to them and argue your points. I hope the asd charity can step in now and help. I need to understand why so much is dismissed.
    Last edited by KAREN SV; 06-06-16 at 14:12.

I rang up today, and specifically told them that was the case, he said the text is misleading and they would not make the decision until my evidence was sent in. Although there was no mention of my call on Friday asking for them to wait for my evidence. I prolly should just wait for the appeal anyway. MR's seem to have a low win success rate, although I did win my only one. But hopefully they look at my evidence and come to their sense, my main problem would have been my form not being filled out correctly, so I wrote a letter with the side effects and how they related to each descriptor, which is how they told me to send the letter. I threw in a letter from my MP, and although that is regarding more about a complaint, hopefully gives the same desired effect.