Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PIP safely....

PIP safely....Flymo?

Good evening.

I wanted to know if any of you could shed some light regarding moving around descriptor of PIP, I suffer from MS and use a wheelchair daily in doors and out doors, at times I can walk a few metres in my flat less than the 20m but not safely as I'm used to recurrent falls when I try to walk, I cannot do it reliably or safely.
    I only do this as my OT said I should try, as I want to be honest as possible, would I need to meet the other criteria, as in reasonable time etc or because I can't walk safely would that help me
    I have OT and consultant evidence to back my claims of weakness, fatigue etc and how my disability affects me.

Thanks in advance.

Jon
    Last edited by JonJon; 06-06-16 at 10:06.

it would help if you met the other criteria, and you probably do if you think about it.

you fall often, can you show evidence of this ? did you go GP/Hospital ? any reports ?

you can do 20mtr in your house what then can you repeat it ? if not why ? what happens if you try ?

how long does it take you to do the 20mtr ?.

(DWP, ATOSSERS ,&HMCTS mode) Have you ever been admitted to hospital for falls ? In other words they don't trust anyone, So ideally have to have corroborating/supporting evidence of these falls, that is the situation that the past 6-7yrs of the rabble we have in office have created ( persecution of uk's sick and disabled) IDS and Esther mc vey have done http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...o-jobs-6862711

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...y-lost-9211009

EX GMTV presenter becomes a tory witch and then get's looked after , why ? is the uk really so corrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
    Good evening.

I wanted to know if any of you could shed some light regarding moving around descriptor of PIP, I suffer from MS and use a wheelchair daily in doors and out doors, at times I can walk a few metres in my flat less than the 20m but not safely as I'm used to recurrent falls when I try to walk, I cannot do it reliably or safely.
    I only do this as my OT said I should try, as I want to be honest as possible, would I need to meet the other criteria, as in reasonable time etc or because I can't walk safely would that help me
    I have OT and consultant evidence to back my claims of weakness, fatigue etc and how my disability affects me.

Thanks in advance.

Jon
    Sounds like me I can stand at times I require assistance from another person and move less than 20 metres and use a wheelchair out of doors

I have a letter from a community that states I use a wheelchair out of doors as I am a regular faller but still expect trouble on change from DLA to PIP .

What I read is to be said to undertake an activity you must be able to do it
    Reliable safely and in a timely manner ( around double the time ) you have only got to read some of the stories in recent months of disabled people having to take their claim to appeal because the reliability criteria is not followed as per the regulations

Yes, I have consultants letters confirming my condition and wasting and how it affects me, also OT reports/assements confirming my needs and what equipment I need etc. I can't repeat it until evening and instead use my wheelchair After trying to walk. If I walk in the morning I can't again until late afternoon or evening.

Edit: On the reports yes I went hospital but I don't have the reports,Just many scars to show but they are reported I guess as I did visit the hospital and my consultant states I fall due to my condition why I use my wheelchair most days.
    Last edited by JonJon; 05-06-16 at 22:33.

I read somewhere (can't seem to find it) Flymo said if you can't do a descriptor safely you should be considered as not able to undertake that activity, I have Fibro to as well as the weakness and wasting all confirmed via consultants letters.
    Last edited by JonJon; 06-06-16 at 10:10.

I'm confused as I read this by Flymo - The four "aspects" are a guide to inability. When any one fails to be satisfied, you can't do the task in question at that point for PIP purposes.

For example, if you can walk 150m but you always fall over after 15m (not realistic, I know, but it's to make a point), you can only walk 15m safely. It doesn't matter how often you can walk this 15m (though if it's too often, hopefully either you or the surroundings are well padded!), how well you otherwise walk and how long it takes you.

Although I meet all aspect of reliably I just want clarification on "safely"

Please see below sorry for the multiple post.......
    Last edited by JonJon; 06-06-16 at 12:14.

Quote Originally Posted by slipmaster View Post
    it would help if you met the other criteria, and you probably do if you think about it.

you fall often, can you show evidence of this ? did you go GP/Hospital ? any reports ?

you can do 20mtr in your house what then can you repeat it ? if not why ? what happens if you try ?

how long does it take you to do the 20mtr ?.

Last message was for you but didn't reply with "quote"

Thanks for your reply, its reported with the hospital the last fall I had resulted in stitches to my knees I have a lot of scars the nurse advised me to use my wheelchair always and not walk but OT says still try to walk indoors which I understand, its tiring as I have fibro also and difficult.

I only walk with an aid 1- 10m about 25 to 40 secs while holding onto wall or furniture with aid in other hand depending on level of pain It cannot be repeated or done reliably due to my poor balance and other health issues during this time I can fall at anytime why I never do it frequently.
    Last edited by JonJon; 06-06-16 at 12:28.

Quote Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
    I'm confused as I read this by Flymo - The four "aspects" are a guide to inability. When any one fails to be satisfied, you can't do the task in question at that point for PIP purposes.

For example, if you can walk 150m but you always fall over after 15m (not realistic, I know, but it's to make a point), you can only walk 15m safely. It doesn't matter how often you can walk this 15m (though if it's too often, hopefully either you or the surroundings are well padded!), how well you otherwise walk and how long it takes you.

Although I meet all aspect of reliably I just want clarification on "safely"
    yes that's correct its the point where safely first becomes an issue, ie,15 mtr.

• Safely – in a manner unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person, either during or after completion of the activity. What the individual needs to do; what assistance or aids are required; how long it takes; and whether it is safe.