Thread: Seeking a mobility scooter

Seeking a mobility scooter

Thanks to a hospital mishap I have suddenly become disabled and am looking for an absolutely basic electric mobility scooter so that I can get out and about,, as I can no longer drive a car. Does anyone by any chance have one they no longer require? I live in Ham TW10 7JG. Thanks. Simon

Try Freecycle, quite often free ones found on there.

Try a site called Preloved. May 2nd hand ones there. Also use your local Shopmobiltiy, although they are often tied to a location and time.

Hi Kosh,
    I,ve been watching eBay and Richmond Freecycle for a while now without any luck, probably because of what I need, I think your nearest shop mobility is either Hounslow or Kingston, I'm not to far from you so I've looked into this part of the world, unfortunately I've been told Hounslow shop mobility only hire for day shoppers, but you can pay for longer, they're not a shop or showroom and don't have a lot of models, I can't comment on Kingston.

I went to careco in Hayes/Southall the other day and they've got loads of models (boot scooters starting from about £350) unfortunately because of my specific needs there was only one scooter I could try.

I've been researching mobility scooters for a while now and have found the folk here very helpful, and would say it's worth digging deeper into the subject on the forum, because some posts are quite old but are full of useful comments and information.

I would maybe go to a showroom and have a look first, (even if you can't afford new) because the TYPE of scooter varies - on your weight, whether it has to go in a boot, where you have to store it. Scooter batteries are lead, therefore heavy and require charging over night.
    Also do you have good hand controll? A scooter requires you squeezing with right hand - and sustaining that. You don't say your disability so Shopmobility would be a good start. Lets you know whats out there, BEFORE you spend money.

I can vouch for this chap...............Speak to Robin.
    http://www.gewizrepairs.co.uk/