Thread: Lease extended whilst PIP claim is processed But.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lease extended whilst PIP claim is processed But.....

.........what happens if PIP not decided before my extension date?

My lease expired end May 2016 - but extended till November.

What happens if PIP claim not decided by this time frame - do they extend again or remove car from me ?

Dave

Don't worry, Motability Operations will continue to extend the car until you get a decision. if you have any concerns, please call Motability customer services on 0300 456 4566

It makes a lot of sense to extend your Motability lease-hire while the PIP claim is processed. Even if you get a positive result you should be able to continue the extended lease up to 5 years if it meets your access needs.

And in addition in the event that your PIP application is declined and you are unsuccessful at appeal, Motability Operations will make a transition support payment to you of £2000 if you joined the Scheme before December 2012. I believe they will also support the cost of hand control etc if you need them on a replacement car. So all in all it's definitely worth hanging on to your Motability Car until a decision is reached!