Thread: pip award.

pip award.

Hi guys,

well got my award through the post on Friday.
    was awarded high rate mobility and standard care, I was on high rate mobility and low rate dla before I was invited to claim
    pip.

The assessment was all over in twenty minutes and thank god she wrote what I said word for word and didn't change anything.

After all the horror stories I didn't think I would get anything.

Think I was just lucky I got a good assessor. so happy days.

well done hun so glad for you i had a ok assessor too i did have to do a mr to get an extra point but they actually listened to me and gave me 9 more points lol and for ongoing period. as mines a physical disability its easy for them to see the problems the mental health claimants seem to get the brunt of the bad decisions. my daughter suffers with depression and anxiety and shes only 14 if she needs pip in the future im dreading it i would not ever wish what my daughter goes through on my worst enemy these assessors need more training on the non visible disability's but as i say congrats xx xxx

Hi,
    Thanks for reply Rachel and hope you and yours are well.

Well my happy days didn't last long (LOL) As I've just received a new claim form for ESA,
    I think it must have been triggered by my pip claim being successful, and only last week I received a form saying I maybe entitled to a sd premium so filled that in and sent it of.

Anyway my currant benefit is as follows,

support group ,(contribution based) Plus Pension Credit which equates to 156 pounds a week No premiums.
    How ever. when I put my new details in to the Turn2 us calculator with the new award of pip standard rate it gives me a new figure of 217 pounds.
    I didn't think you could get a sd premium if your award was contribution based ?.

Now my dilemma is do I close my contribution based award and apply for just pension credit, Can I even do that ?

I only have six months to go before I hit 65. So this hassle couldn't have come at a worse time
    any ideas please.