Thread: post dvt pip eligibility??

post dvt pip eligibility??

Hi

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice or point me in the right direction as I am new to this.

I had an unexplained DVT in my calf in 2012. Since then I have had constant pain in my ankle but I always had the use of my sister's car to get about. However 3 months ago her car 'died' and she won't be getting a new one. This has affected me in a big way as I struggle to get about, I can't afford a car myself. I have been back an forth to my GP and hospital but all they seem to do is send me for more INR blood tests! I believe I have post-thrombatic syndrome. I am now in an awkward position as the pain and swelling in my ankle has become so bad I now have to consider giving up my part-time job and the degree I am studying full time for (I'm 46, single and have grown up children who live away from home (sounds like a dating site!!!! however I say this for clarity)). A friend mentioned that I may be able to get some form of disability help but the form questions seem confusing as yes I can walk but with constant pain. So do they mean you have to not be able to physically walk or at what point does the pain become unbearable? and does anyone think I will be eligible. I will be on Warfarin and have regular blood tests for the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by wenglish View Post
    Hi

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice or point me in the right direction as I am new to this.

I had an unexplained DVT in my calf in 2012. Since then I have had constant pain in my ankle but I always had the use of my sister's car to get about. However 3 months ago her car 'died' and she won't be getting a new one. This has affected me in a big way as I struggle to get about, I can't afford a car myself. I have been back an forth to my GP and hospital but all they seem to do is send me for more INR blood tests! I believe I have post-thrombatic syndrome. I am now in an awkward position as the pain and swelling in my ankle has become so bad I now have to consider giving up my part-time job and the degree I am studying full time for (I'm 46, single and have grown up children who live away from home (sounds like a dating site!!!! however I say this for clarity)). A friend mentioned that I may be able to get some form of disability help but the form questions seem confusing as yes I can walk but with constant pain. So do they mean you have to not be able to physically walk or at what point does the pain become unbearable? and does anyone think I will be eligible. I will be on Warfarin and have regular blood tests for the rest of my life.
    Hi
    Basically, whatever limitations you might have regarding mobilising you will need to back it up with medical evidence. You will need to show you cannot move more than 50mtrs to get the standard rate. Your post suggests you would not meet the enhanced criteria.

If you cannot mobilise more than 50mtrs, reliably, repeatedly, safely and in a timely manner then you would meet the conditions set by the DWP.

You should be eligible for something ... pending that you need to stop etc or as Tanya says if you cannot mobilise more than 50mtrs, reliably, repeatedly, safely and in a timely manner then you would meet the conditions set by the DWP.

I would strongly suggest taking some sort of medical letter or report from the GP. They wont want to give you the points for PIP so if you have something from a medical expert it kinda makes them have to go against the "expert" if that makes sense. I have gone through an application for PIP, an MR for the mobility section and a coc and just had my 2nd f2f. I'm not holding much hope but I do at least have a GP report this time and there was not much talking about the mobility as they seem to have taken on board the GP letter.

Good luck.

I have pts and receive standard daily living.. I did receive enhanced mobility up till April this year when a medical assesor" who had never heard of my conditions decided I could walk 50m.
    Which i cant due to pain.. Im 28 and currently on 7mg/8mg alternative days warfarin.