Thread: ESA Support Group Reasessment

ESA Support Group Reasessment

Hi,

My son has been in the ESA support group since 2010. He's visually impaired, struggles with his Diabetes and also has incontinence issues. In April he received the ESA50 after not being assessed for 5 years. We sent the form back for him, only to receive a call today from a nurse asking if he could read braille, which he can't as he has no sensation in his finger tips, and if he was registered partially sighted or blind. He's registered as partially sighted but has no clear vision at all. His eyesight has worsened since last assessment. The lady on the phone was very nice and said we should hear something in the next few days. Is it normal to receive such a phonecall? My son is very worried and the stress of this has messed with his blood sugars and also his high blood pressure. Thanks.

It sounds like they just wanted to clarify a few things that may not have been clear from the answers you gave on the ESA50.

They will do this occasionally, it's not unusual.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks for the reply. Good news - we heard back today and they advise that my son will be staying in the support group. They didn't even need to see him for an assessment. Thanks for your help.

Great news, and a great relief !