Thread: In tears trying to fill in PIP forms

Unhappy Need Help In tears trying to fill in PIP forms

Hello People

New to this forum.
    I have been trying to fill my PIP form and like most people I am finding it sole destroying and upsetting.
    Have Crohn's Dieases+short bowel, COPD stage 3, GERD, Crohn's Arthritis and plenty of other things and I am transferring from an indefinite DLA award to PIP.

I've come to a stop at Planning and following a journey.
    On all the reading I have seen this has to be cognitive impairment.

How on earth do I make a journey on foot or by public transport with sever COPD, bowel incontinence and arthritis. For a start I would freak out just at the though of doing it, second I never make a journey unless its by car or with someone.

Now I know its all about fitting the descriptors but it seams they do not take depression and anxiety into much account but that is what I would suffer - Physiological distress. I feel very vulnerable on my own, the fear and embarrassment of incontinence or breathing distress out on my own and being to unable to walk or to find relief. I read trying to finds toilets no longer counts.

I just do not know how to put it into the right words.

Has anyone any got a clue where to start

Last edited by Forsha; 28-04-16 at 14:37.

Forsha, to make filling out the form easier look at this 'stickey' from this forum about PIP. It's all about painting a picture of how your impairments disable you.

Hope it helps http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...me-reflections

Lighttouch
    Thanks for that. I have read so much I am boss eyed. I am having problems with putting it into words.
    My brain wont work to explain the links to anxiety, depression and Physiological distress I have with combined health issues I have.
    I also think that in its self is cognitive dysfunction.