Thread: Personal Health Budget

JJSully2016

Personal Health Budget

Hello Everyone,

I really could use some help. Although some of my questions you may have already answered for other people I would really appreciate any answers.

I have a severe disability that is a muscle weakness condition. This consequently makes me electric wheelchair bound/unable to walk, and unable to do anything on my own without help, which requires me to have three carers/personal-assistants in total.

I have 2 personal assistants that help me during the day and a waking night carer. The day carers are live-in and I often need them after day-care hours and during the night.

As there is no room in my house for live-in carers, the CCG pay for a rental property within walking distance of my house so the carers can be available anytime day or night.

For the past year, I have been trying to go on personal health budget but the CCG have been delaying it as there was a problem with the budget.

Basicaly, the CCG are saying that if I go on PHB they will not be paying for the carer's accommodation and therefore I would not be able to have live-in care anymore.

This would be affecting my care and health as a live-out carer cannot be called after hours or at night.

What do you think? And what power do I have over the CCG?

Kind regards,

JJSully

Sorry whats CCG stand for?

CCG = Clinical Commissioning Group.
    http://www.nhscc.org/ccgs/

CCGs and commissioning for carers

(What would we do without Google?)
    Last edited by nukecad; 27-04-16 at 10:51.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

This isnt an area i know to much about, but sounds like your getting a pretty good deal already.

If changing how things are paid for would remove the accommodation, then i see 2 options.

1. Leave things as they are
    2. Insist on carers with cars so they are able to quickly get to you from their own homes.