Thread: Costs of a DLA or PIP claim

Costs of a DLA or PIP claim

I came across this in the reply to a recent freedom of information request.
    (click on it to enlarge).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	1560

A bit disingenious, those are only the DWP staff costs.
    They don't include the cost of the assessment that Atos/Capita get paid. (190 / assessment).
    If they request information from your doctor with an ESA113 they also pay for that. (15).
    No doubt there are other costs that they don't mention, although not for solicitors they have their own.
    They say that they don't have specific costs for transfers, but that they will be the same as a new PIP claim.

Just need to find the costs for ESA claims next.
    Last edited by nukecad; 23-04-16 at 11:29.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hi Nukecard

Hope your doing well, Was looking for some advice regarding my pip, i was registered blind 4 years ago and was awarded a 3 year award for highrer rate for both for pip, it runs out next year and i got letter thro the post asking me about my condition etc and i selected every box as no change in my circumtances, as i was worried about having to sit another assesmeant but i phoned them the othe day and the said i have been awared same rate for an ongoing period from next year. i have been reading on this site and people get awards from 5 - 10 year awards which i thought id get, but i got ongoing....would you say this is better than a 5 or 10 year award?? and what are the chances of them asking me for another assistmeant? as im blind my condition isnt going to change

Many Thanks

Written by father

hi as far as i no an ongoing award is for 10 years then will be reviewed again but it looks like you been given a paper review awards so that good and you hopefully get the same again in 10 years regards

I'm not the best to ask for PIP, I know more about ESA.

But as palmer says it seems that you have got the best possible outcome.

I think that an ongoing award is for 10 years with the expectation that it will be renewed at that time.
    For legal reasons this government don't like saying 'for the rest of your life'.

As they have given you your award on the paperwork this time then there is no reason to think they will not do the same next time - whenever that may be.

Having just been given this new award it should be some years off the next one; so thats one less thing to worry about.
    Last edited by nukecad; 13-10-16 at 20:37.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks guys for the reply