Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Referendum Campaign Begins

Referendum Campaign Begins

Lots of confusing messages to be heard over the coming weeks. Lots ot' very bad news from Euro zone is being suppressed . Soon we shall vote, if registered and if we wish. An exciting few weeks ahead.

So a question thats been on my mind are disable people/ careers of disabled people better to vote in or out of the EU referendum?
    Motability vehicle history....
    1996 ford galaxy,1999 VW T4 window van (Ricon tail lift ), 2005 VW T5 window van (Ricon tail lift)
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter (Ricon tail lift), 2018 Renault Master MWB (Braun taillift)..all vans have been wheelchair accessible.

There is no simple answer. I'm finding it difficult to make my mind up, I'm 50:50 at the moment.

I've been doing my own research, which my wife has kindly asked me to document and distribute to all her friends, on the pros and cons of our membership. I'm looking at impacts on trade, security, sovereignty, economic growth, likelihood of another Scottish referendum, UK role in the world, etc, etc.

The mainstream debate makes it very hard to find the facts, although in many instances people just don't know what will happen if we vote to leave. I guess the same could be said if we stay. Will we see a United States of Europe?

I find myself at odds with much of the 'European Project' but can't say whether we are better out or in. But I will vote, I will base my vote on my research and not the rhetoric of the various politicians.

However, to answer your question. I doubt either way whether disabled people will be better in or out. Remember this is a decision for the next 50-100 years, political parties of all colours will come and go in that time.
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

I too am currently sitting on the fence ...not sure which side has the greener grass !
    ...and as you say very little facts are coming our way just scaremongering
    Motability vehicle history....
    1996 ford galaxy,1999 VW T4 window van (Ricon tail lift ), 2005 VW T5 window van (Ricon tail lift)
    2011 Mercedes Sprinter (Ricon tail lift), 2018 Renault Master MWB (Braun taillift)..all vans have been wheelchair accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I too am currently sitting on the fence ...not sure which side has the greener grass !
    ...and as you say very little facts are coming our way just scaremongering
    There is TTIP and it is said that this if it goes ahead will result in the death of free at the point of use NHS, or will cause major changes that wont be to our benefit
    Basically it's a trade deal between the USA and EU http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a6907806.html

Could this be one of the reasons why we have had obama here in the uk telling us we are better in than out ? Don't forget people do not matter to top politicians only what wealth they can obtain be that directly or indirectly,matter to them look at that war criminal Tony B-liar , millionaire ain't he these days , he should of stood trial at the Hague for war crimes

Heres one story that the bbc won't be reporting on until after the referendum http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a6907806.html

I'll be voting to leave
    Last edited by tom34; 26-04-16 at 17:30.

I think it somewhat selfish to bring the argument or decision down "How will it affect me"
    It is about more than that, much much more self rule and not being dictated to being one major consideration.
    Not having to finance all the failing countries within the EU because we are keeping our heads above water another.
    Having a say on who can come into our country yet another.
    To live in a democracy yet another.
    This is apart from the fallacious jobs, wages, foreign travel etc etc lies put out to unsettle people.
    Not for no reason is the remain campaign known as the Fear campaign.Have they really nothing whatsoever good to say about the country they live in???????????????
    Take a wild guess as to which way I might vote.

As for TTIP, from the US gov Trade website.

https://ustr.gov/ttip make of it what you will... To me it reads aggression, money and pure greed and commerce.

Brexiting won't affect those wanting to come for jobs in the UK, although I do think we could use a Australian style border security.

The Gov already contracts a lot of its work to private healthcare, some GP's (Virgin health), Catering, Cleaning, Transport, and some medical treatments like dialysis to private companies.. Possibly TTIP will allow large medical companies to do takeovers in some places.
    Fresenius, Diavirum are already operating in the UK and globally.

Can't see El Presidente opening up the borders to Mexico, oddly enough.

And if your in London.. We've got the next Mayoral election to deal with.. Such fun!

I'll be voting to stay. Better the devil you know. And it will take forever to untangle Britain from EU - with what benefits?
    The UK will end up an island alone - the days of the Empire and influence globally are gone. Ancient History peeps.

Reminds me of the story of another island, suddenly cut off from trade with other nations by political circumstances.....that was Cuba.
    Want to read how they survived and flourished?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Po...vived_Peak_Oil

A complete change of society and reliance on oil. Rise of small scale farming, local infrastructure, education and healthcare. Like to see how Britain would cope in those circumstances. Now they EXPORT bio-pesticides to other countries. It not the politicos that are broken, its the fundamental values of society

I want an independent country like it use to be and not ruled by Germany and France so “I'm out”

Redvine............You would do well to remember the words of Benjamin Franklin..
    “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”