Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: posts delayed

posts delayed

Why do my posts on here get held up so a mod can pass them every time?

It happens to all of us every now and then.

ok, thanks, wat it goes I suppose

Mine are doing that now since someone said a link I posted crashed their phone. It was totally legitimate and cab put the links in on their site so cant be bad. Also it's because I am posting links where people can get solid answers instead of opinions of posters on here. Perhaps it's not liked by some, sometimes it takes away their status maybe. Can't see what is wrong with fact over opinion though.

It was me who posted about that link crashing 2 different phones but not my laptop.

It's working fine from phones as well today, must have been a problem with the mobile version of the site.

As for posts going to approval it can be annoying when you are trying to give someone advice, but it's done for a reason, to make sure that spamming and trolling does not get onto the forum.
    It happens to us all, even those with thousands of previous posts.
    It's a small price to pay for a clean forum.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I don't think it is a small price to pay.

I'm on other forums and there is no trolling or spam and if there is it is dealt with.

Here, however, I have had many, many posts just never show up days later. I am wasting time and energy here and I believe the forum is suffering for it and people are going elsewhere for help and somewhere you can talk about it while you are online and wanting an answer, not two or more days later.

If you have an illness or disability such as anxiety or many other things, this sort of thing is no good.

Plus it happens to all my posts and when i start a new thread it gets approved like a few days later sometimes meaning it goes onto the second page of the forum and nobody sees it or replies.

Wouldn't it be better for people with so many posts/threads to be able to post without moderation?

It can take a very long time - weeks with my last thread to post!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher View Post
    I don't think it is a small price to pay.

I'm on other forums and there is no trolling or spam and if there is it is dealt with.

Here, however, I have had many, many posts just never show up days later. I am wasting time and energy here and I believe the forum is suffering for it and people are going elsewhere for help and somewhere you can talk about it while you are online and wanting an answer, not two or more days later.

If you have an illness or disability such as anxiety or many other things, this sort of thing is no good.
    This. I've got 2 days to decide whether to appeal or not and the post took a day or two to be seen, then its on the second page so hardly any views and no reply's and registering at forums just like many other things is difficult for me due to my brain condition. 'You're able' but you're not able to post! lol!

Hi, I fear this is not the only problem. I replied to a post 'osteoarthritis of the spine', I think from Deebee. I then made a 2nd comment (would have been no 7 as per listing of replies) as I wished to let her know that there is a wealth of information online regarding this health issue, as she was finding it difficult to locate info through online searching/browsers. In that reply I gave a few sites and links for deebee to have a look at. I should say this was on 8th August!

Unfortunately, my post still hasn't appeared and wass really too much to retype, let alone try to recall what I had originally put. When this happens, it really does wear you down, which is no good for those wanting to post in reply to help, nor does it do any good to person asking for help!