Thread: Volvo V70 Estate - End Of LEASE.

Volvo V70 Estate - End Of LEASE.

Hi

My lease is up end of May but my dla runs out in Aug so I haven't got a full year left to order a new car.

Volvo goes in for its first MOT on Weds - and then Motability will extend the lease until my PIP application - which I still haven't been invited to claim yet ?

Its very unlikely I will qualify for enough PIP points to get a new car........BUT if I do - can anybody recommend a large estate/suv type vehicle - fancy a change from Volvo - maybe Skoda Superb ?

Dave

You could always ask Motability if you can buy the car off them. They will send you a quote If you want to buy they will also give you £250 good condition bonus.

If you contact Fish Car Insurance they will contact Motability's insurance5 company to see how many years 'no claims bonus' they can offer. Fish's quote includes breakdown cover.

Before agreeing to buy there's no reason why you can't ask them to give it a service first and carry out an MOT first.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteswan123 View Post
    Hi

My lease is up end of May but my dla runs out in Aug so I haven't got a full year left to order a new car.

Volvo goes in for its first MOT on Weds - and then Motability will extend the lease until my PIP application - which I still haven't been invited to claim yet ?

Its very unlikely I will qualify for enough PIP points to get a new car........BUT if I do - can anybody recommend a large estate/suv type vehicle - fancy a change from Volvo - maybe Skoda Superb ?

Dave
    A lot depends upon your financial circumstances. If money is no object Skoda Superb is very fine car and worthy of test drive, however if money is an issue I agree with advice to wait and see what happens as motability will give you ?1k or ?2k towards cost of buying V70 outright or towards other car. The migration to PIP is one I suspect will cause many of us sleepless nights.

I have found motabilty expensive when you ask for a price ,better deals from most other dealers

Quote Originally Posted by garyr View Post
    I have found motabilty expensive when you ask for a price ,better deals from most other dealers
    But then you might suffer from 'Previous Owner Syndrome', at least paying a few hundred more then you know the history of the car?

Obviously if it's thousands difference then you might have to think about it, but I would be buying mine as it has the options I chose, and the colour I chose, and I haven't seen many with those options in the used market.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Consideration could be given to other car schemes too.

What other car schemes ?

Also my "letter" arrived today inviting me to apply for PIP !!

Dave

Best of luck

I got my letter last September, just 2 weeks after our post code was included. Took until February to have the "assessment" and I got 4 points for mobility (so no award), this was coming from being on DLA for about 13years, 10 of those on HRM.

Fwipperie may be referring to other scheme such as a PCP lease, a lot of dealers offer this, Skoda do some decent offers on their estate cars, as long as you have a decent credit history it shouldn't be a problem. I looked at a Yeti, 3yr lease at £153pm and about £750 deposit, unfortunately my credit is in the toilet thanks to my ex. so it's a non-starter for me.

All you need is to provide your own insurance, Fish will take your Motability history into account (as you don't get no-claims on contract) but as I had storm damage last year I was told I effectively had zero no-claims!. Their quote for a £2000 car was £975!!! looking around I can get about £550, they may match it if I go back to them.
    Last edited by phaedra; 05-04-16 at 15:41.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedra View Post
    Best of luck

I got my letter last September, just 2 weeks after our post code was included. Took until February to have the "assessment" and I got 4 points for mobility (so no award), this was coming from being on DLA for about 13years, 10 of those on HRM.

Fwipperie may be referring to other scheme such as a PCP lease, a lot of dealers offer this, Skoda do some decent offers on their estate cars, as long as you have a decent credit history it shouldn't be a problem. I looked at a Yeti, 3yr lease at £153pm and about £750 deposit, unfortunately my credit is in the toilet thanks to my ex. so it's a non-starter for me.

All you need is to provide your own insurance, Fish will take your Motability history into account (as you don't get no-claims on contract) but as I had storm damage last year I was told I effectively had zero no-claims!. Their quote for a £2000 car was £975!!! looking around I can get about £550, they may match it if I go back to them.
    I wonder if the original poster could update us on the current situation? Many would be interested how long PIP took to process or if the migration is still on-going.