Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brown envelope laugh

2 brown envelopes behind the door this morning one normal size one larger and thicker.

Ah I thought, WFI appointment and an ESA50 for reassessment.

But no,
    One was for a WFI alright, next Tuesday.
    But the larger one was a new Prescription Exemption card for 5 years (don't know why it was in such a big envelope it's only credit card sized). I forgot I had applied for that when my epilepsy came back.

So still waiting for an ESA50, unless they've done me on old paperwork again. I'll ask on Tuesday.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

LOL.know where you all come from, Its a sad indictment of society that a certain fraction of our society (myself included) live in fear of a brown envelope more than anything else

It got to the stage I'd give a wee little prayer everytime the poastie delivered and hope there were no brown one's. Ironically my recent ESA50 assessment notification letter came in a white envelope this time, it really did, the reply with evidence was sent off for that yesterday first class recorded in time for their deadline, my condition has not changed since the last three year one, got worse a bit with age naturally so hope its all just procedure again and everything goes through fine once more and their goalposts have not moved too much.

Gotta Thank nukecad for his help in that recent matter too.

Oh and hope for the world, one brown sinister looking envelope I got recently was for RBS voluntarily telling me they are still due me £388 for a mistake in my claim a year or so ago on a PPI claim, there is hope and honesty out there in the world still, dont be over fearful on brown envelopes and never discard them, it can be good news ...

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post

Just shows how paranoid we get about a brown envelope.
    Should this be getting added to our ESA/PIP claims as a condition. A phobia of brown envelopes.

Quote Originally Posted by carl30 View Post
    A phobia of brown envelopes.
    Can't find an official word for it, so did a bit of google translating from Greek and came up with-

kafetachydromeiphobia = brown mail fear
    (near enough for me, and it's nicely alliterative; cafy-tacky-dromy-phobia).

Who wants to be first to use it on a claim?
    Last edited by nukecad; 28-04-16 at 15:13.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Can't find an official word for it, so did a bit of google translating from Greek and came up with-

kafetachydromeiphobia = brown mail fear
    (near enough for me, and it's nicely alliterative; cafy-tacky-dromy-phobia).

Who wants to be first to use it on a claim?
    if i claimed Brownvlopelpetisis, would that work Seriously though its all highly stressful when your genuinely helpless and have no where to turn and i don't mean to make light of it ... but I'm in that awkward stressful situation having to plead with them again and hope they have met their targets for the day when they come across my forms, its degrading and even humiliating, but its the hoops we have to jump through I suppose.

If its any consolation to folks, I've exhausted my self worrying, can only do as much as I can, after that its all out of my control.

Have a good May day weekend folks rise above it all if you can, dont let them grind you down, this is an excellent site for help, so glad i found it