Thread: My NEW Doctor wants to meet me!

My NEW Doctor wants to meet me!

I w4as under the same great Doctor for over 25 years. He retired about four months ago. I aven't actually seen my new Doctor yet. I just had a phone call from the surgery to ask if I could see her tomorrow afternoon. I apologised as I can't make it as I'm attending a Trustee's meeting in Manchester.

I don't know about you but despite being 'chronically disabled' I'm very rarely ill!

I prefer to use the minor injuries clinic if I have falls etc as I'm not looking for a 'well note' having taken medical early retirement over 5 years ago.

I guess I'll need to meet her sooner or later considering she will be involved with the PIP assessment in the future.

Hello,

Sounds to me like you've got a good'un there a GP that's actually interested in you, my own GP has for years blamed me for any symptoms that presented, it got too the point I stopped going to the doctor with new symptoms and didn't notice when my illness began to slowly deteriorate, (I've only realised that recently)

When I got my ESA50 my GP didn't know anything about the new requirements for benefit claimants and gave me a very basic letter for ATOS that didn't say anything about my limitations.

I think It's great your doctor wants to meet you, it'll give her the opportunity to begin to assess if you have any needs and start up a rapport with you.

You'll be one of the many chronically ill people he has on the books so to speak. So he'd he would be lacking in his job if he did not re-assess your health from time to time. Especially as he is new to that practice.