Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving from ESA into work! Help

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    As long as the work is within the Exempt (Permitted) limits then you do not need 'permission' before starting.

I would let them know by phone before you start though, they will send you a PW1 to fill out and send off as soon as you can so they can check that the work is within the allowed limits.
    It also means that if someone anonymously reports you as working and claiming benefits, they already have it record that you are doing allowed work and will not cal you in for a fraud investigation.

As I said in your other thread, if you don't do this then when they find out you have been working (and they will) they will stop your payments whilst they check that you have been within the allowed limits, which could take a number of weeks.
    (And if this happens they are likely to tell your council your ESA has stopped and the council will stop any HB as well. That once happened to me, wrongly, and it took 2 months to sort out with the council).
    thank you so much for your help

this is a really interesting and informative thread, I am on the support group and assumed you could not work at all, if I were to find some permitted work is there not a danger that the dwp could move me onto a work related group and argue that If I can work some time I could work full time?

Quote Originally Posted by garza71 View Post
    this is a really interesting and informative thread, I am on the support group and assumed you could not work at all, if I were to find some permitted work is there not a danger that the dwp could move me onto a work related group and argue that If I can work some time I could work full time?
    As long as you are within the hours and earnings limit for exempt (permitted) work it is allowed.

The only problem may be if the work that you are doing conflicts with what your ESA has been awarded for.
    (or in this particular question conflicts with the support group descriptor(s) for your award).
    eg.
    If you have said you can't walk any distance and then got a job delivering leaflets.
    If you have said you can't communicate with others and then got a job in a call centre, as a receptionist, or behind a bar, etc.

As long as what you are doing does not contradict your award, and is within the hours and earnings limits, then you are OK to do it.

PS.
    When you send the DWP a PW1 form they only check the hours/income are within the limits for exempt work. They would not check the type of work against your stated limitations at that stage.
    It would be at your next assessment that any conflict between what work you are doing and what you claim to be able to do would be assessed.
    Last edited by nukecad; 28-11-16 at 15:03.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.