Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parties..?!

I can empathise about the isolating yourself.I have in the last year.I love to dress up and go out,But feel I am a hindrance. As walk so slow and need to use a rollator stick or sometimes a wheelchair then you need a pusher and I am a heavy lump .. I did try and dance last Dec at an 80s night with my stick but the nerve pain for 4 days after and swellings was not worth it.
    Less and less invites come nowdays too.Do you find that? even if I can't go it would be good to be asked.

I certainly get less invites now and it's a bit contradictory really as when I used to get quite a few u would get a feeling of dread and now I get less, I wish I get more lol. I'm guessing that a lot of you have varying conditions too. Sometimes I can almost walk and function normally and other times not at all, which I think makes it very hard for even people who are close to us to understand unless they have experienced it themselves. If you guys are like me, then you will also have to factor in plans for the next day as well, as even if I am ok on the day of a party or gathering, if I need to be at work or something the next day, I know I would struggle. I get the impression, even know that the words have never been spoken, that people think I use it as an excuse and am just 'boring'... X

Well I've just got home after a memorable night out in Manchester.

I don''t know if you class going to see live Theatre a party but after watching King Lear at the Royal Exchange Theatre myself and guest were chatting with a very glam lady who was sat next to us. We were in conversation with her just in the bar area when the lead actor who played King Lear gate crashed our little party. His name is Don Warrington and he used to play the role of a lodger in the Lenoard Rossiter TV comedy Rising Damp - one of his first roles.

King Lear - Friday 6 May - Manchester Royal Exchange Theatre

Don Warrington made a grand King Lear. The production lasted three and a half hours - but time flew.

It was very much a surprise to find the lead actor strolling over to us three. I was introduced, shook his hand, and made small talk about his performance. He's very down to earth and calm.

BTW about the tattoos. personally I think its a bit up-her-own-arse to give blanket ban, but I went thru a phase a while back of wanting to cover a large scar on my arm. Liquid concealer was the answer....or if its on your wrist real wide, bling it up bracelet to distract??

I told get to pretty much sod off with the tattoo thing.

I have one, fairly small tattoo on my wrist. I didn't cover it up and it ended up being a conversation starter!

I wouldn't have covered it with jewellery as I don't wear it