Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Parties..?!

i avoid leaving the house if i can but sometimes for special occasions like my sisters hen do birthdays ect ive wanted to go but i always feel like im making things more difficult so i make my excuses i need everywhere to be wheelchair accessible and disabled toilets ect i also hate all the questions and the look of them feeling sorry for you and the kind pat on the shoulder or they ignore me all together as the wheelchair scares them off even using my brilliant local bus service that is wheelchair accessible i get all the stares and whispers especially if im with my kids they start feeling sorry for them too ive had people say how can you look after them when you need help to look after yourself my answer is always ive got an amazing husband and carer he does the physical things but mummys there for cuddles love and suport that normally shuts them up ok im gonna stop now lol nothing like a good rant xxx

Well, it's all of a last minute thing but I'm going to a bit-of-a-do tonight just locally.

No idea w4hat they are like5 but booked a couple of accessible5 front row seats to see three sisters sing. I'm taking my lodger with me as she's always game for going out and she gets in for free acting as my PA.

Well just because we're disabled doesn't mean we can't have fun!

It's a last minute booking but I'm going to a bit-of-a-do tonight. It's music, glamour, singing and sisters . . . the Puppini Sisters to be exact. 241 seats so taking my day lodger for a change as my PA.

We may be disabled but we can have a bit of fun too.

Here's a sample . . .

Some people I know have stock answers to deal with the "what do you do?" "what happened to your leg?" type of questions. The best that I heard was "I used to be a professional crocodile wrestler, until I lost a fight".

Parties?! Hell wheres my invite?? Bit of a lightweight tho, when you dare not have more than a few drinkies (cuz you know you'll need the loo) and is it accessible.....or down a flight of stairs? And then theres the b/friend who has to avoid various foods. Tried ordering "an apple juice and 2 glasses"? They think you're a cheapskate!
    So mebbe i'll stay snuggled up on sofa with my glass of Baileys and the TV....

It was a really good show. We were able to park at the front of the building just feet from the ramp to the entrance. Although the door opened automatically when you pressed the remote access but it wasn't on sensors so timed out and shut closed when a couple tried to enter the entrance after us.

We lingered in the bar area but had no drinks. Eventually we entered the theatre and were allocated a couple of seats on the front row - best seats in the house! At the interval we stayed seated and chatted to a single mum who sat besides us.

All in all a good night out without any falls - I class that as a success!

This Sunday lunchtime . . .

My Chinese friend wants me to join her and several of her friends for a Chinese banquet - how can I refuse!

I don't think I'll know at least 4 people so it should be interesting to find out what they get up too!

I'm trusting my friend as to accessible the venue is - as long as there's a lift!

I might share or have a fishy dish with stir fry veg - yummy. The eatery is sited above a Chinese Food Wholesalers so the dining area will be massive. It will be full of Chinese and Cantonese people being a Sunday - I'll be the foreigner and only disabled guest in our party which is great.

I gave up on the dress code - I wore black jeans(they look like trousers), a black vest top and a smart black jacket as my ankles decided to swell up like balloons on saturday morning!

Sounds a fab evening and the chinese meal out I love chinese food hard to balance sticks buffet food and not fall hahaha but I have a lightweight modern rollator now and I use the seat for a tray so I can go and choose my own food when eating out at buffets.

I was at a consultation at Manchester's Central Library this afternoon regarding Manchester's Transport Strategy up to the year 2040. Quick fire stuff with digital voting using keypads. Just went for Fish and Chips afterwards - naughty bu nice.

Trying out a vegetarian eatery at lunchtime tomorrow - no I'm not a veggie - she is! All good fun - one on one.

I was a bridesmaid last year, I bought a pretty walking stick to match the theme but I got the impression that the bride didn't want me to use it walking down the aisle. We all had matching sandals with huge heels. I only wore them for the photos and swapped them for flip flops and still managed to go over on my ankles a few times. I went to bed at 8pm on the night do, went through all the greetings etc and then left them to it as people were up dancing and I just kept getting left at a table on my own. Over the past few years I have avoided parties where possible but I do miss the whole getting dolled up part. I'm going to try and make more of an effort this year as I've kind of isolated myself. Hec, I might even host a party