Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long for pip decision?

Question How long for pip decision?

Sent off my partner's pip form and evidence five weeks ago but have not heard anything back yet. I phoned the helpline was told it was with the Assessors.

All of his consultants provided evidence and also a letter requesting he be excused a face to face interview because of no mental capacity or ability to take part in the process.

Do you think five weeks is a good sign that they may be do a paper-based award?

Thanks

Emelia

I made the initial phone call to claim and ask for an application form at end of nov 2015. I just recieved my award letter today. So nine weeks in total

Thanks, teabag :-) Did you have a paper-based assessment?

Emilia

Depends on where you live; some areas have a higher backlog than others. I requested a review in November, sent the form off in December and have only just got an appointment for an assessment for next week so it's taken 3 months plus another few weeks for the decision to come through. Hopefully you'll get a paper based assessment but from what I've read, they're not very sympathetic and you may have a bit of a fight on your hands. If you've got evidence from the GP and/or consultant that should help.

Thanks Caley, I suppose it's just waiting then and whatever will be will be :-)

I had to go to an assessment centre for interview

Thanks for the replies everyone. I rang up yesterday and they told me no face to face was needed and it's now with the Dwp case manager and we would hear soon so fingers crossed! Not sure how long we will have to wait but some closure will be a relief, as its been so stressful.

fingers crossed for you

Em iliac my daughter did not need one been sat with a case worker at pip for little over a week , atos scored her 20/21 just waiting to see if pip go with theses numbers

You know if you ring pip you can ask how many points atos recommends Ur hubby , as there put it on there when there get report I knew as I asked for the report and I asked can I know wot scoring atos recommended

Just thought I let you know my daughter claim took 8 days from getting from the atos report to pip case worker .
    Appently paper base more quickly to deal with good luck