Thread: PIP refused

PIP refused

Hi there I had my pip refused after a mandatory reconsideration.
    Still waiting on the letter to take to CAB since they made the decision I have had an assessment from a mental health psychiatric person and she has diagnosed me with having severe mental health problems and can give me the evidence I need for the tribunal if need be.
    I suffer from Anxiety and Dipression my question is if they have refused me and stucknby there 0 point decision is there any chancenit will get over turned at the tribunal with my new evidence.

As my mental health worker said the only reason she hasn't sectioned me is that I haven't said anything to her about wanting to hurt myself etc
    She said she would get the doctor to prescribe me diazepam but i may need something stronger.
    I am actually Still in shock as I knew I had problems but didn't realise how bad I actually was until I was told couple of days ago.

PIP made there decision before I had the medical evidence that I have now

I got zero points to. also for mental health. Seems we are stuck in a tricky position. They claim my actions are my choice. Conveniently ignoring the fact that my condition influences my choices.

You dont mention their reasoning for the decision. Do they just not believe your condition is severe enough? or do they not believe it affects you in the activities?

Quote Originally Posted by neilt065t View Post
    Hi there I had my pip refused after a mandatory reconsideration.
    Still waiting on the letter to take to CAB since they made the decision I have had an assessment from a mental health psychiatric person and she has diagnosed me with having severe mental health problems and can give me the evidence I need for the tribunal if need be.
    I suffer from Anxiety and Dipression my question is if they have refused me and stucknby there 0 point decision is there any chancenit will get over turned at the tribunal with my new evidence.
    There's every chance that the decision can be overturned at a Tribunal but you must explain how those difficulties, as stated in your evidence, affect your abilities to carry out the tasks in the PIP Descriptors. Explain this to your CAB Adviser when it comes to composing your Submission For the Appeal, you can also ask you CPN if they can provide a letter explaining the problems you face in carry out everyday tasks, such a letter would be particularly good to send in together with you other evidence and submission.

It's good to see you using an adviser that's the right way to go about it, all the best with it and keep us informed of how it's progressing.

By the way you've posted in the wrong sub forum, you should be over in the benefits advice to get the best response, so if there's any mods about perhaps they could kindly move it over.