Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So sore today and then...

Unhappy So sore today and then...

Over the last two days i seem to have had a fresh bout of pain and i just wish it would go away feeling downhearted i thought i would ring appointments and see when my Rheumatolgy appointment was even to see where abouts i was on the list wish i hadnt bothered ..my gp put the referal in as urgent i already have seen orthopedics and had scans xrays and a mri done anyhow the referal went in oct as urgent i was told that the consultant has moved all urgent appointments to rountinei said how can she do this i was told that this often happens ,so i said so when will my appointment be and the lady said june ...just had a weep to myself really had enough my tramadol isnt easing the pain my mobilty is more limited and i really am fed up with it all ...sorry if this rant is in the wrong place .

Try to get a referral from your GP to the Pain Clinic who will help you to control the pain.

Exclamation

I dont even know if we have a pain clinic here ive got an appointment for tuesday with gp i cant cope with this pain thank you for your reply

You should have one somewhere & they can recommend treatments & medications. I would also push your GP to adjust or change your medication too.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Ask your GP, pain clinics are attached to hospitals and are throughout the UK.

Hello Fizzypink,
    It is terrible to be in so much pain I do know as it has been over a year for me to get proper sleep.In response I think the Royal has a pain clinic ask your local CAB they should know or tell you .
    Do take care and never stop fighting ...........we all will help if we can

I have been taking Diclofenac for many years now ( 18 - 20) and along with the tromadol. codeine and simple paracetamol i have found a way to cope it does not kill the pain but does just knock the edge off it a little bit . Just enough to allow me to function . Still need my wife to put my socks on for me along with many other things however she has disability issues of her own . I digress as i said i have been taking Diclofenac for many years . My GP has now decided that the Diclofenac and any other anti-inflammatory is bad for me and could send me into kidney failure .

Yet after 18-20 years i think if they were going to cause me to go into kidey or full renal failure it would have done so by now . All my blood tests show both my kidneys and liver are working absolutely fine .

Visited a pain clinic another waste of time and tax payers money. Everyone is sat around in the waiting area while those supposed to be attending us are sat in an office chatting away and besides the chatter all you can hear was the kettle being filled and re-filled and the chink chink of tea spoons on cups. After a 3 hour and 47 minute wait . (My appointment was for 9.00AM they eventually saw me at 12.47 PM ) all they could suggest was anti-inflammatory and also added Diclofenac was 1 of several that would be of help for my condition

My biggest problem is because i am a lofer on warfarin there is so many meds i can not take as yet ive had no appointment from rheumy :-(

A lofer lol i mean a lifer

At one stage when I actually started to fall over when trying to walk my doctor suggested that it was unfortunate that it hadn't happened 'in town' where a trip to A&E may 'speed thing up'
    Well bu***r me but 'coincidently' the next day I did collapse in town, went to hospital, the consultant was informed & I saw him next day. He was very cross with the Health Board and the wait I had suffered and went on to give me his secretaries direct line for when I need to see him again.