Thread: DLA MOBILITY/CARE mum 76

DLA MOBILITY/CARE mum 76

Dear Forum

Please can someone help.

My mother was awarded in 2002 aged 63 mobilty high rate(indefinitely) and lower care rate(indefinitely)

in 2013 aged 74, a new claim was sent to see if she can get more money on care, and was awarded middle rate care until april 2016.

The DLA sent a form in december asking that the care rate will end in April 2016, and the mobility will continue. If she wants the care part to continue she will have to have her case re looked at.

The form was filled and sent back in december, DLA called to say my mother should not have been awarded any care rate as the previous decision maker was too generous and awarded my mum incorrectly. Now they have requested a report from her gp. Can someone please advise on the following

A- if they take the award from her, will it stop immediately or carry on until the 9th april when it was due to end if she did not re apply?

b- are they correct in saying the previous decision maker made a generous decision?

c- if its taken away can she appeal. she is now 76

Thanks

I thought attendance allowance replaced DLA after a certain age - or is this wrong?
    Sea Queen

Unless one was already on DLA at state retirement age then DLA continues

A. it will stop from the decision date.

B. they could be, one DM does not have to come to the same conclusion as another.

C. yes she could appeal the decision.