Thread: No Fault Car Accident while claiming PIP

No Fault Car Accident while claiming PIP

Hey all! Hope you keeping warm in this weather. Quick question to any who knows or experienced this: I had a car accident with my personal lease car no fault of mine - young lady turning right in my opposite direction had not seen her filter light had turned right so turned full speed into my lane. She apologised then but her insurance now seem to want to deny liability. I do have a witness who saw it all and is prepared to go to court if necessary .
    With the insurance claim though am still waiting to hear how this will work out as it aggravated my condition (rheumatoid arthritis ) and was off sick for a bit longer than would be deemed normal. Been referred for physio and still attending appointments. Would this work out in my favour or against me in terms of making a claim? Any one been through this ? My lawyers not responding to my queries yet . Accident occurred 19/11/15. Thanks for any advice

Honeybea
    Get a new lawyer they should respond in a reasonable time not make you wait months, telephone them to ask if they are still working for you as you have heard nothing in reply, offer to go to another company, they don't want to lose your case and should move sharpish after that, remember that You are their employer. If anything your resultant aggravation should attract a higher compensation award. I hope that you get on alright it can take quite a time to get things sorted, kind regards, Honeybea.x.

As it stands the insurance companies look like they think that the accident was partly your and her fault. It's called 'knock for knock' - your word against hers. The only way it will turn in your favour is if the witness clarifies that you weren't to blame.

I still have an open claim going on 5 years after a not my fault claim because the other solicitor refuses to answer letters. In the end I gave up as it was too stressful trying to get it sorted out.

Best option to speak with rsa insurance

Fwipperie - OP states "personal lease" so not Motability.

Thank you Honeybea will call them after work and tell them along those lines. I do know it can take a while but it seems they are now just sitting on the case yet I would expect even just an update but I guess informing them I want to change lawyers might help.

Thanks for responding . I do not get the enhanced rate mobility I had got it through personal lease off Nissan though am using part of the pip I get to pay for it each month

Hopefully it will work out