Thread: Pip and ssp

Pip and ssp

Hi folks I need advice I had a stroke back in Aug 15 and as a result of the stroke I am left with right sided leg weekness and since then I have being on ssp I now also get the high rate pip and high rate motability my ssp runs out in March 16 I was just wondering how soon I can claim esa any help would be appreciated many thanks

Your SSP has to finish before can claim ESA, I would suggest you get your first Fit Note dated for the day after that, then get that sent in together with your ESA 1 form.

A TIP: Make copies of both, from then on make copies of every document you send to the DWP, as you can't rely on them to always acknowledge receipt of what you send them. Also get at least 'proof of posting' if not sent registered or next day delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Busman15 View Post
    Hi folks I need advice I had a stroke back in Aug 15 and as a result of the stroke I am left with right sided leg weekness and since then I have being on ssp I now also get the high rate pip and high rate motability my ssp runs out in March 16 I was just wondering how soon I can claim esa any help would be appreciated many thanks
    Hi
    You cannot get both ESA and SSP so you will have to claim when your SSP runs out.

Hi Busman. You need A SSP1 from your employer to give to the DWP. You can put in a claim a few weeks before your SSP runs out, it makes thing go more smoothly. Hard work after a stroke. Hope all goes well for you.

Hi guys thanks for the info much appreciated