Thread: Will i lose all eas and partner loose her working tax credits if i move in with her??

Angry Will i lose all eas and partner loose her working tax credits if i move in with her??

Hello
    I am currently getting Esa and in the support group.Its not income based.i have been getting this for the past 2 years.i also am on middle rate dla care + mobility.i live alone.
    I plan on moving in with my partner and kids.she works 18 hrs a week at homehelp and gets working tax credits and help with her rent in her council house.
    She rang up citizen advice and asked how will our benefits be effected.she was told I will loose my Esa and if she does not work 24 hrs a week,she will loose her tax credits??
    Is this true,does she have to work the 24hrs?
    Can she claim carers allowance for me and just work the 18 hrs?
    I understand I will loose the Esa,but would we as a couple not get any extra since tax credit or whatever there is another adult mouth to feed????
    thanks for any help

Your partner needs to ask CAB/Welfare Rights etc for a 'Full Benefits Check', they can go through all your paperwork with you both and ensure you're full benefits entitlement.

If you should go ahead with your plans, your DLA will not be affected neither should your ESA provided it is Contributions Based not Income Related.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Jard View Post
    Your partner needs to ask CAB/Welfare Rights etc for a 'Full Benefits Check', they can go through all your paperwork with you both and ensure you're full benefits entitlement.

If you should go ahead with your plans, your DLA will not be affected neither should your ESA provided it is Contributions Based not Income Related.
    thanks for the reply.
    My Esa is NOT contribution based ,so I will loose that.

You need to get that 'Full Benefits Check' to know exactly where you stand, do that.