Thread: xmas bonus

xmas bonus

I'm on same benefit been on for last few yrs and i've always had the xmas bonus this year not no idea why. anyone else had same?

Haven't had mine yet

I think I had mine about 3 weeks ago. Maybe you should call them when they open after Christmas.

Not had mine either. Was also wondering why Tax credits and child benefit due on 29th gets paid early but ESA etc does not?

Just hoping my ESA does go in on 29th as bills are due , don't trust DWP not to cock it up due to the extra Bank holiday.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblu64 View Post
    Not had mine either. Was also wondering why Tax credits and child benefit due on 29th gets paid early but ESA etc does not?

Just hoping my ESA does go in on 29th as bills are due , don't trust DWP not to cock it up due to the extra Bank holiday.
    My ESA unexpectedly went in early, was due to be paid on the 28th (Monday) though technically my payments go in to my account on a sat (26th). However when I checked my balance this Wednesday just gone, there was my ESA. I was very (pleasantly) surprised.
    Got my xmas bonus on the 8th.

It does seem to be hugely variable. I guess to where you live? I'm In West Sussex.

I received my letter about it and they are claiming to be in the process of paying out everyone's Xmas "bonus" they didn't state when it will go in but I checked and it was around about the day I got the letter, think there's maybe a backlog of payments fingers crossed its dealt with quickly

Quote Originally Posted by babyblu64 View Post

The 29th isnt a holiday so hopefully your money should go in as normal

Thanks for replies, i didn't get a letter about it and never happened before usually goes in with xmas payment, my esa was due on 25th but it also went in on 23rd which was confusing as it usually would have gone in on 24th....Merry xmas all

I believe the Christmas bonus is: if you're lucky, you get to keep your benefits and allowances - DWP would have you believe. Anyway, may I take this opportunity to say - a very merry Christmas to you all - and a happy New Year too.