Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Allium Giganteum - grow4ing in December!

Well, we've had a few downpours but the sun tries its best.

In my small front garden I seem to have been growing poppies - lots of them and I didn't plant them. They just keep flowering every day.

I have another Lupin plant that is just flowering - great value as a tiny potted plant cat just £3 and as mushroomed out.

The other mature plant that's just beginning to flower s a tiny hydrangea - the flower heads will get bigger.

A few weeks ago this also popped up but not sure of its name.

I think gardens cheer you up. I've also got Begonias growing in pots at the back - looking a bit wild at the moment!

What's on the go in your garden, patio, balcony or pot! Let's see some photos!
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 08-07-16 at 22:09.

DSC_0002.jpgDSC_0052.jpg on the left a rather fetching salvia, the hangbaskets contain toms, strawbs, nasturtiums, trailing lobelias (all looking rather more than when I took this. Also in containers: peas (just been eating em), ooh and lots more I'll have to post more - when stops raingng

White flower

LT the white flower is it a bush or flower? and are those leaves glossy or more matte?

13442660_10157152230410151_5010075265492097936_o.jpg

Roses in the back garden, they change colour from yellow to red

Very nice TFK.

Yes in Manchester we have a beautiful blue sky, no rain or wind - just a blazing sun.

By this time of year my shrubs are at their best but having a fairly big garden on two sides plus a long patio area it's too big fr me to manage. These days I have to employ gardeners to cut the hedges, hoe the borders and cut the grass plus a bit of weeding. Then I pay another person to plant things up, trim back the shrubs . . .

Luckily I'm surrounded by trees which keeps my place fairly private. Now you and RD are welcome here for a free mini break in September as you both love gardening so I hear! I bet we could carry two Lightdrives and folded wheelchairs in my hatchback too!

A good friend of mine gave me some 'Micklemousse Daises' from her garden before moving out. They love my soil and sunny aspect so have thrived!

Daisies1.jpg
    Attached Images

Since having my garden landscaped and made accessible I have managed to grow all my own bedding plants and planted them in the raised border and pots.
    I am lucky that my hubby mows the lawn, cuts the hedges and moves pots that I have planted in the greenhouse for me. He does nothing else, it is all down to me
    Watering all the tubs and border takes me 3 hours plus as I can only use a small watering can that will fit in my walker and that I can lift with one arm when full whilst hanging on with the other arm, I do use the hose on the border though. Flaming hard work but I manage it.
    I have also managed to grow some cucumbers and tomatoes in the greenhouse.
    Surprisingly enough I managed to revive some shrubs that were going cheap and half dead.

I am a novice gardener, never having an accessible garden until last year. Still learning but I am very proud of the display I have this year, very colourful. Not really good by a professional's standard, I am learning by my mistakes. I will have a better idea of what bedding plants to grow for next year.

Next plan is to sow some winter flowering violas and pansy seeds to start them off ready to transplant into tubs and the border as the summer flowers fade.

How is your bulbs looking now!? If possible for you, please give us phothos.

Now Autumn has officially arrived I don't plant anything. I've had all my shrubs pruned and a few days ago I had my path and patio areas jet washed so there's no slippy areas under foot.

It's looking more likely that my provisional lodger may take the back room. She's painting my kitchen starting Monday and I'm paying her for services rendered. I reckon she might want to use payment towards the deposit for renting a room.

Isn't it funny how a lodger likes the use of a garden e.g. sun bathing and chilling but not lending a hand! That's one of the benefits of renting a room - no commitments!

Now is the time of year to plant your Allium bulbs for a fantastic display later in 2017. I'm just going to see if my 'original' bulbs sprout again next year!