Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazon 1 hour service comes to Manchester today!

Amazon 1 hour service comes to Manchester today!

Well, today I had to go into Manchester but couldn't find a parking space in a bay or on a side street local to where I wanted to be. Manchester Xmas Markets, road closures due to Metrolink infastructure building and 1000s of day tripers put paid to that.

Now it would seem Amazon have launched a new shopping service - Amazon PrimeNOW - with a one hour turnaround for £6.99 and a free two hour shipment service.

It seems that I'm in the catchment area for this service - I wonder if smaler parcels will be delivered by drone!

I think a new distribution centre has been built near Manchester Airport so that could be how this fast service has been set up to capture last minute xmas shoppers - right up until the day!!

There's also a new smartphone App called PrimeNOW.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/12/15/a...ow-manchester/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/?ie=UTF8&n...l_7yx682tbkr_e

great. generate MORE cardboard/ packing waste, more petrol burnt, no wonder worlds going to hell.

Of course there is a down side to all this internet shopping.

You can't get out to the shops because the roads are full of vans making deliverys.

It's getting to be a big problem, good for the van manufacturers though.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I find Amazon to be extremely unreliable!

Quote Originally Posted by flowerangelx View Post
    I find Amazon to be extremely unreliable!
    I find Amazon Extremely Reliable. this year we bought all our Christmas Presents from Amazon.. All the Presents bought for my Family who live in Edinburgh were bought at Amazon, they wrapped them and sent them direct to Edinburgh. Saved me a lot of time and effort and not only that they all arrived on time and in Perfect Condition.

Altogether I find Amazon very reliable and efficient, also their customer services are second to none. If I have had a problem,which is not very often, I get Amazon to phone me and the problem has been solved instantly by customer services. So I can honestly say I am very happy with Amazon,
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Their customer service is shocking, the person who responded to an email informing them they had sent me the wrong item. Despite me showing them proof, they were having none of it! Really disliked his snotty attitude!

Obviously I did complain but it took me 2 months to get a refund..after I sent the wrong item back because of the ongoing issue. I wouldn't have minded but it was £50 odd and I couldn buy a replacement until I had that back so my mum had to wait for her birthday present!

If you ever have another problem I would suggest that you do not e-mail them. There is an option to phone them and what happens when you click on the Phone Amazon Button is that they actually phone you. Within 5 seconds of doing this the phone you have registered with them will ring. Then when you answer you will be put through to a Amazon Customer Service Person. They will fix any problem you have instantly, they are very customer satisfaction orientated and they strive to make you happy.

Last time I had a problem I had ordered a gift for my Wife's Birthday. It did mot arrive on the due date so I gave it a couple of days. I then got on to Amazon Customer Services by Phone. Within seconds I was speaking to a lady and I advised her of my problem. She instantly advised me that she had ordered me another Watch and that she would get it gift wrapped for free and that I should receive it the next day.

The very next day the Birthday Gift for my Wife arrived and it was gift wrapped as promised. So all good and problem fixed very quickly and this is why I use Amazon,
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    If you ever have another problem I would suggest that you do not e-mail them. There is an option to phone them and what happens when you click on the Phone Amazon Button is that they actually phone you. Within 5 seconds of doing this the phone you have registered with them will ring. Then when you answer you will be put through to a Amazon Customer Service Person. They will fix any problem you have instantly, they are very customer satisfaction orientated and they strive to make you happy.

Last time I had a problem I had ordered a gift for my Wife's Birthday. It did mot arrive on the due date so I gave it a couple of days. I then got on to Amazon Customer Services by Phone. Within seconds I was speaking to a lady and I advised her of my problem. She instantly advised me that she had ordered me another Watch and that she would get it gift wrapped for free and that I should receive it the next day.

The very next day the Birthday Gift for my Wife arrived and it was gift wrapped as promised. So all good and problem fixed very quickly and this is why I use Amazon,
    I have severe anxieties when it comes to using the phone, I barely even speak to family on the phone plus being partially deaf, I find it very difficult to hear on the phone as well.

I'm not the only person who has had problems with Amazon, my dad has had many problems with them in the past.

I very nearly ordered something on Amazon for a friend but my past experience put me off.

Amazon are alright but Amazon logistics are awful they are extremely unprofessional rude and arrogant.The driver that delivers round here drives like a complete **** he hit the front of our car and damaged it we saw him do it.When I challenged him he lied through his teeth it doesn't help he can hardly speak or understand English.The driver constantly drives while on his mobile I have photographic evidence which Amazon completely ignored this is the reason he hit our car because he was on the phone.

I reported him to his superiors who were very rude I couldn't understand half of what the supervisor said as he couldn't speak much English either.Shocking way to treat a customer.

That sounds a big shame.

We have a regular 'White Van Man' driver (and it seems the whole road is Amazon shopping this year). He even brought a parcel inside cos it was heavy.!

Then I discovered Aliexpress ... Oooh dear!