Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning!, It may become even more difficult to qualify for PIP!

Warning!, It may become even more difficult to qualify for PIP!

See below the link that explains what the DWP are discussing in the New Year

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...appliances.pdf

Not Suprised. They obviously aren't meeting their 20% target in spending on PIP. Sadly, I expect further changes to the Mobility component as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    Not Suprised. They obviously aren't meeting their 20% target in spending on PIP. Sadly, I expect further changes to the Mobility component as well.
    Yes they are looking at the 'Planning and Following Journeys' descriptor as well.

Its part of the review reported here:
    http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...IP-assessments
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

This is scary!! All my PIP daily living points and most of my hubby's were awarded on needing aids and appliances so under most of these new proposals we'd both lose PIP along with disability premium on housing benefit and would become a victim of the evil benefit cap - doesn't bear thinking about with 2 adults and 3 teenagers in the household to keep!

This is scary!! All my PIP daily living points and most of my hubby's were awarded on needing aids and appliances so under most of these new proposals we'd both lose PIP along with disability premium on housing benefit and would become a victim of the evil benefit cap - doesn't bear thinking about with 2 adults and 3 teenagers in the household to keep!
    Mine too. This is depressing news. I would struggle so much financially without the daily living component.

Us too, and it's not just the PIP itself (which is over a hundred quid a week for me and hubby), it's the extra premiums on housing and council tax benefit plus the carers allowance. Losing all that would be an absolute disaster for us and for thousands of others in the same boat, doesn't bear thinking about!

Always the disabled taking hits from the cuts, while government officials are claiming £30 a day from taxpayer money for a breakfast. Sickening how this government target disabled people to make them poorer and even more disadvantaged, while helping all their rich mates get richer.
    Last edited by PuthNation; 12-12-15 at 02:09.

Moody
    I feel like giving in.

I can see that eventually you will only meet the criteria for PIP if you are basically a cabbage. Anyone not fitting that description will be seen as coping but able to survive and can get off their backsides and get a job and get one well paid enough to not need PIP in employment. So all those with a a bad back, painful hand and knees and those prone to panic attacks the message is creeping in loud and clear. Get a job the government aren't interested in your problems.

And if the head of UK plc aka the Tories could chuck the cabbages left over on the compost heap they sure as hell would.