Thread: pip renewal

pip renewal

hi i posted my renewal back last week and called there customer service centre today, i was told my cliam had intervention on it, i have no idea what that means, my origanal award was for two years 10 months and my health condition went from bipolar to schizoafftective disorder, in the past 2 months, after another hospitalization, can anyone tell me whats the process now and how long this takes, also the customer service advisor said to update my contact details so the DM can contact me in the next few weeks, thanks in advance wm

An 'Intervention' is DWP speak for when circumstances have changed during you claim.

An 'Unplanned Intervention' is DWP speak for when you tell them that something has changed. (Because it's unplanned by them).

As your condition has recently changed, I'm guessing that you noted this on your returned forms, and this is the first they have heard about it?

They were probably expecting your renewal forms to be basically the same as last time, so they will be now treating this new information as a change of circumstances which they will need to consider.
    Last edited by nukecad; 24-11-15 at 15:52.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

yeah that was the first they heard of my new condition, the factors are the same though everything, the form was filled in bascially the same, do you know the process now as i cant seem to find anything about it, sounds awful but do i need to goto another face to face interview or is everything looked at on paper?, also do i continue recieving my payments or do they stop until they deciede?

If you will need a new f2f is something only they can decide, based on what you have sent them.

Your payments should continue, your existing PIP award is still in place until they make a new decision (or until your 2 years 10 months runs out, whichever happens first).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

thanks, now its just a waiting game game i guess, thanks for the replies was kinda worried about the whole thing and you made it much clearer what happens thanks 8)