Thread: TV license for glocuma

naw14gab

TV license for glocuma

Hello,
    Me and my mum both have glaucoma ...she is over 65 and I'm 40. My mum vision is very poor and uses glasses to help her and still suffering . I was diagnosed with narrow angle glaucoma and had laser treatment in both eyes to create a little whole in both eyes to release the pressure and open a canal for drainage . After the laser my vision got affected badly and my sight is weak and not like before. I get double vision and black little dots which I see. I have a white cross line which I see in both eyes and I get blurred vision most of the time and days . I wanted to know if me and my mum are entitled for a discount with TV license ? Many thanks

You need to be registered blind to get a 50% discount on your TV licence.
    You need to send them a copy of your blind registration certificate.

To get a blind registration certificate you will firstly need to be assessed by an ophthalmologist, you should talk about this to your your eye clinc if you attend one, if not then start with your GP or optician.

This link to the RNIB explains the process and the benefits of being registered
    http://www.rnib.org.uk/eye-health/re...our-sight-loss
    Last edited by nukecad; 24-11-15 at 02:56.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

naw14gab
    Many thanks for the information. I never know about it before.

I forgot to add,

you dont need to totally blind to get a certificate, the actual term is 'Severely Sight Impared'.
    This is why you need to be assessed by an ophthalmologist.

You can find the criteria here:
    http://www.rnib.org.uk/eye-health-re...-certification
    Generally, to be certified as severely sight impaired (blind), your sight has to fall into one of the following categories, while wearing any glasses or contact lenses that you may need:

visual acuity of less than 3 / 60 with a full visual field
    visual acuity between 3 / 60 and 6 / 60 with a severe reduction of field of vision, such as tunnel vision
    visual acuity of 6 / 60 or above but with a very reduced field of vision, especially if a lot of sight is missing in the lower part of the field.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.