Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Incompentent HP's who can not read or understand plain English!! Rant!

UDATE!!! Incompentent HP's who can not read or understand plain English!! Rant!

I posted earlier this week regarding How long people wait for a paper based review, It turns out that that was a pipe dream!!

Re My Husbands PIP claim, I sent off very detailed evidence backing up His problems and how they affect Him
    I enclosed reports from His CPN/Care Coordinator, His Consultant Psychiatrist and Consultant Psychologist.

Also enclosed was a 3 page letter from His Care coordinator stating categorically stating that My Husband could not engage with an assessment at a centre or at home, due to the extreme reaction He has to strangers and stress/anxiety, and asking them to do a paper based review, and to contact the Multi disciplinary team that My Husband is under for any Clarification needed.

You would expect this to be enough, Wouldn't You? But No!

This morning I received an appointment for My Husband to attend an assessment at a centre!!!

After ringing the DWP, who I must say kept apologising, I was advised to ring Atos and explain again the situation.

Again the Young Man who answered at Atos was very polite and listened to My complaints and He pulled up the details of My Husbands claim on the screen, He then proceeded to tell Me that a HP had reviewed My Husbands claim on the 3rd November and it was noted that regarding following and planning journeys That My Husband could Drive a Car, and so He was capable of coming to an assessment!!!!

So after going over everything again that had been stated in His claim form, and stating Yes My Husband could drive a car but due to the worstening problems caused by Autism, Severe Depression and Anxiety, He was not capable of driving at present and hadn't been for the past 2 years ( Also clearly stated and backed up by Evidence ) , He then proceeded to cancel the assessment and said He would arrange a Home Consultation!!

Again I repeated, Has Anyone actually read the Letters from His Care Coordinator and Psychologist, Stating that He was not capable of engaging in an assessment and that a paper based review was requested by My Husbands Care Team.!!

The call ended with Him saying He would pass on all this ''New'' information to a supervisor and that I would here from them soon!!

Oh and He then asked Who was the best person to talk to regarding My Husbands Problems!! So again I gave Him the name of My Husbands Care Coordinator and Her Landline and Mobile Numbers ( Also clearly stated on the claim form and in Her letter)

What on Earth is the point in sending in All this evidence, statements and Letters When No one actually reads them!! or even Worse they just pick out One small piece of information and base Their decision on that!!

Anyway Rant over and I await further Instructions!!
    Last edited by dukedog; 10-12-15 at 14:32.

I would contact your MP, ask for a meeting and go over this. Having sent all that evidence in, a person with your husbands conditions could become extremely unstable upon opening a letter like that,

To the assessment providers, your husband is just a number.

There are very, very few PIP applicants who don't have a face to face....I haven't heard of any personally that have gone through on paper only except in a few cases of very severe disablement (usually severe mental handicap/learning difficulties) from birth. Prior to PIP, I had been on Incapacity Benefit since 1988, DLA from 1991 (for life) and was transferred from IB to ESA Support Group in 2013, all without ever having any kind of assessment in person. When it came time to transfer from DLA to PIP though, even though I have a severe and enduring mental illness and extreme difficulty dealing with people at all (even my own family) and had letters backing this up, I still had to have a face to face assessment. It was done at home, and my husband was present throughout.

I do understand that Very few people have paper based reviews, But taking into the account My Husbands problems, the evidence provided and even the fact that at My Husbands first assessment 2 years ago it was even stated in black and white by the assessor that He could not answer any questions and that He was Crying, Rocking and Shaking for the entire Hour we where there, and it was advised that He would have difficulty in any future assessment!

My Husband can not speak for Himself, He can not engage with any of these processes, I and His Mental Health Team do it all!

Anyway I have also sent a very long e mail to Brian Pepper @Atos detailing how the guidelines are being ignored and My Husbands Care Coordinator is livid and has said if no one rings Her today She will ring and speak to them herself when She comes to see My Husband tomorrow.

and in reply to RobcarerT, My MP is useless so don't hink that would help much!
    I am actually quite good at dealing with the DWP once I get to that stage! It is the Atos stage that causes the problems!

My Husband has never had anything to do with any claims as He is not Mentally able to deal with any part of it.

I managed to get an Any Time Revision due to Ignorance of a Material fact in September this Year. It took Me the best part of a year to read up and prepare My Case, But it was agreed and The revision in September this Year gave My Husband Enhanced Care as before but with extra points and Enhanced Mobility on following and planning journeys along with the back dated money from Oct 2013.

They did not however revise the length of the award so We have now go through this review!

I have been arguing these points since the first decision ( see my earlier posts ) What My Husband lacks in ability I more than make up for, and I will keep fighting for Him regardless of the Hoops I have to go through!
    Last edited by dukedog; 12-11-15 at 13:18.

Update!!

lATEST UPDATE!!! Well I do not know what happened or What Department got Their Finger out, But I have just received a phone Call from Atos Health Care from a senior HP, Who has told Me She has completed a paper based report for My Husband and it is being sent over to The DWP today!

So from the initial letter arriving today at 9-30am sending My Husband for an assessment, to phone calls to DWP and Atos and an Email to Brian Pepper, I receive the call to say Report has been done at 1- 35pm!

I am not sure whether to be Amazed or Disgusted They put Me through All this upset and Stress.

Anyway just have to wait for the Decision and cross My Fingers it is Favourable!

Thanks for letting Me Rant!!! xxx
    Last edited by dukedog; 12-11-15 at 14:05.

Well done for pursuing this the way you have. My fingers are crossed for you that the decision is what your hoping for and this ill be the end of it for at least a few years.

Well done dukedog, looks like you are on top of things.

Sad that they only start doing their job properly when they get growled at.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I am still livid though! I really worry what would happen to My Husband if I was unable to fight His Corner! but also

As do most of us carers, I'm sure it would be Cameron's greatest wish come true if we would all stop helping unfortunate people. Well done, really really well done! Fingers crossed its the same and a lengthier award this time