Thread: PIP may be going Digital in the Future! Volunteers needed to test!

PIP may be going Digital in the Future! Volunteers needed to test!

Here is the Link with the information if anyone would like to Volunteer. They are not doing Live Claims at present but need feedback as to how the service may be improved for the future.

https://dwpdigital.blog.gov.uk/2015/...gital-service/

I like the idea. I recently had to fill out a survey for RICA that was based on this digital form.

You could fill in a few pages and when you wanted to stop just pressed save. This would save and close the application but an email was sent with a link to the saved work. You just ht the link that took you back to the last page you lfilled in. No timing out!!

Right from the start PIP claims were supposed to be an entirely online process, but they couldn't get it to work properly and so scrapped it.

The only remnant of that aborted process is the individual barcode on the current PIP claims form they send out.

So it's taken them another 2-1/2 years to get a revised system ready for beta testing.

One slight concern with this, are we soon going to see digital Decision Makers?
    'Expert' software that will decide on your claim without a person being involved?
    Computer says .....
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Here is a bit more info as to how it is progressing and how it may be implemented.

https://dwpdigital.blog.gov.uk/2015/...al-claim-team/

Picking up on your point Nukecad about digital decision makers - that might be a lot better than the existing human ones???
    Caring is an art not a science

Glad to see they use Applemacs - forward thinking department!

Quote Originally Posted by mcclonk View Post
    Picking up on your point Nukecad about digital decision makers - that might be a lot better than the existing human ones???
    But you can argue against a human, we all know that humans make mistakes.

For some reason though, may go back to 1960s/70s advertising, the majority of people seem to think that software is always perfect before it gets released.
    So you can't argue against it, the computer decision is always right - even when it's not.

If you have ever done any programming yourself you will know just how wrong this is.
    Humans write computer programmes, humans get things wrong.

Sometimes humans make computer programmes do the wrong things for their own reasons. (Case in point - VW).
    Would you trust a decision making computer programme that the DWP (ie. the government) had control of?

I refer you to the link in my above post, that could just as well be set in a Jobcentre
    Last edited by nukecad; 11-11-15 at 21:20.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I like the idea. My handwriting is terrible and trying to fit all the information into those little boxes isnt fun. Its also easier to correct if i make a mistake.

It'd be nice if you were also able to track your claim online to see what was happening with it.