Thread: "Random" DLA assessments to PIP

"Random" DLA assessments to PIP

It might be my imagination, but I wondered if anyone else had noticed. It seems from reading posts on this and other forums that the majority of "random" re-assessments from DLA lifetime/indefinite awards to PIP, seem to have higher mobility components in common. I also know of 3 friends who had middle care and higher mobility who have had PIP assessments.

Nina

I'm still waiting on my switch to pip, currently on low care, and high mobility of DLA.
    I got letter in Jan 2015, saying could be later this year or 2016.

DLA and PIP each have different criteria to meet each award, I for one was better off switching to PIP rather than waiting to be reassessed, as I met the higher rate of the daily living criteria rather than middle rate care on DLA, I so far haven't had any bad issues with it as of yet.

I also went from lower rate DLA to pip got awarded higher rate on both parts had no issues with it I for one am very grateful that I've been awarded as was worried it was going to stop being on lower rate dla worked out for the best for me

I think I understand what nina_simone is talking about;

I don't think that there is any agenda as to who is being re-assessed first, or at least not this agenda.

I think what we are seeing is because losing the mobility component is a big deal for most, so we see more posts asking for advice on how to get mobility reinstated under PIP.

It's always the case with help forums, you don't see those who don't need help with a particular issue, so when you do it can seem biased.

Having said that mobility awards does seem to have been a bone of contention for DLA to PIP transfers, particularly in the last six months or so.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you, nukecad.

I did wonder whether it would come up on the forum more frequently because it obviously is a big concern for someone losing this component. Like I said it was just something I observed on here and in my circle of friends.

Yes, you have to be careful that the bad experiences you see on forums don't 'Put a Spell on You'.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

OOOOOOOOOO nukecad..............cos you're mine.......... All mine lol