Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Christmas is coming - TV Commercials

I'm not a big Christmas fan either but I make an effort for the grandkids ages 19 17 16 15 10 and 4 .The youngest 2 will get a pressie and the others money so they can do with it what they want.We start putting money away every week starting in January so it does#nt hit us as hard.
    The Christmas advert for me this year is the John Lewis one even though I've never shopped there.My son in law works for Sainsburys and he told me their advert is a good one as well but I hav'nt seen it yet.

Lets not forget it is called Christmas not xmas it's taking the Christ out of it and that is what it is really about.
    Sea Queen

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Seconded, but I prefer Uncle Joes MintBalls.

Just what I need to see, a load of adverts for stuff I can't afford.

I also agree with the bad memories, we buried my mum on 23rd December.
    (Which is also my brothers birthday so imagine how he feels every year).
    I agree

Wish some people would understand that there many people on here who just do not have the money to spend, spend, spend. Having this stuff rammed down their throats particularly if you are having a bad time, does not help. Christmas is tough for lots of people.

You might be surprised to learn that I used to sing in a mixed choir of about 30 people with the Sally Army.

Great fun and a friendly, welcoming bunch who don't support one religion.

I had to stop going as access in winter was an issue due to icy condtions.

All sorted already??? Im speechless!!!

I love the pantomime's at Christmas. I'd like to see some government ministers and even members of the opposition perform a Christmas pantomime - that would be great fun! And I'm not talking about prime minister's question time or their latest attempts to cut 12 billion from welfare without it actually affecting anyone! Perhaps they could perform Cinderella? Ian Duncan Smith and George Osborne could play the ugly sisters? Who'd be Cinderella - Jeremy Corbyn perhaps? Old Mother Goose would be another good one. Better still - Oliver Twist; I'd have David Cameron playing Mr Bumble for definite! Any ideas or suggestions?

Buster

When I viewed the John Lewis advert I was the 45th person to view it - now millions have seen it.

The message and storyline hilt a nerve about old age and loneliness and volunteering.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...-advert-age-uk

The only Christmas ad that I have liked this year is the one with the computer generated cat called Mog

Well done Flowerangelx, I agree that this Sainsbury's 'Mog the Cat' advert takes the number one spot.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/12/sainsb...movie-5497797/

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Well done Flowerangelx, I agree that this Sainsbury's 'Mog the Cat' advert takes the number one spot.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/12/sainsb...movie-5497797/
    What's with the fixation on these Christmas adds? I don't get it - sorry I don't mean any offence. I just find it all rather odd.

I'm not expecting a response, therefore, I'll just assume its your kind of thing - similar to people spotting trains or collecting belly button fluff, I suppose.

Buster
    Last edited by buster21; 13-11-15 at 16:39.