Thread: Road Knight mobility scooter

Road Knight mobility scooter

Well, it looks like I will finally get a bit of independence back.

My elderly neighbour asked me the other day why I did not have a scooter. I replied, that I had not been able to afford one. I knew that he had a scooter but had not seen him use it for several months. He mainly uses his car to get around. Anyway, he said, did I want to buy his scooter for ?50. He said he no longer had use for it and it was in his way.

I went to have a look yesterday and it seems ideal for what I need, popping to the shop etc. The scooter has a puncture, which he is sorting out today and the charging lead needs attention/replacing, but even with this, I feel it is a great price.

The scooter is Road Knight, I think it might be a mini model, it is a 3 wheeler. I had a trial run with it and it seems easy to steer, manoeuvre etc, so I have decided to take the plunge.

I have looked online today and there are places that I can get replacement parts etc, so all being well, I will have my wheels and independence back.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Just be careful with a 3 wheeler, they are nowhere near as stable as a 4 wheeler. I know someone who tipped over on one just travelling down a pavement that had numerous dropped kerbs.
    If you are intending to stay on relatively flat ground it should be ok.
    All in all it depends what terrain you will be travelling over.
    A great price if it is suitable

Thanks for the advice beau.

I should be ok as it is mostly flat where I live. I do not go out alone anyway, my partner is always with me. The scooter will mean that he does not have to push me in my wheelchair all the time, so it will be good for him too. I did have a try of the scooter and it is more stable than I thought it would be, but obviously not the same as a 4 wheeled.

The ideal would be to get a new one, but even with my partner working, by the time all the bills are paid and food, extra costs for taxis etc, there is very little left for a scooter. If this one tides me over for a while, it is better than nothing. I will then look into getting a new one on a monthly payment plan possibly.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

TBH, in your situation anything is better than nothing and at that price you can't turn it down. May it serve you well