Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buttons

Buttons

It comes to something when you can no longer fasten buttons on your shirt.

Despite having got all buttons pre fastened before putting the shirt on there's still at least one button needs doing up near ones neck.

The trouble is when you've lost feeling in your fingers and the only way of fastening it is by lying on the bed and trying to marry the button and hole.

The art of finding the hole is difficult when you have little feeling to identify the raised stitching. Pushing the button through is an art and ends up with me fastening and unfastening the button at the same time.

After 25 minutes and 50 tries to fasten one button I gave up and asked my willing lodger to do it.

Well, just trying to look a little better turned out as I'm meeting my new girlfriend for a light bite at 'RICE' before moving on to the cinema to see a documentary about the 'Black Panthers' a radical black movement from the 70s. Not my choice but I'm joining a rather interesting and radical woman who believes in equal rights.

It's all interesting stuff - I wonder if I should wear a black berry!

Took some searching (mostly to not find a Canada site) but I found this http://www.ticsweden.com/#produkten to potentially help you with your buttons, should your roommate not be home!

As for wearing a black berry...Do you mean a cellphone? A black berry like the fruit? That is a new term for me, or at least its slang that isn't used here!

Hope you had fun on your date!

Light means black beret, the hat worn by the Black Panthers.

Oh! Thanks firebird =)

Hi light....have same problem with numb fingers...Raynauds secondary.....so have a look on this site..www.essentialaids.com for a handy tool just for buttoning up your clothes.

The documentary was quite interesting. As it was a niche type film it was shown at a dinky cinema room - just 40 seats. Strangely enough there were no black people in the audience - only lefty white viewers.

We ended up going for a Lebanese meal - what they call Street Food - a bit like Tapas - 4 or 5 dishes to share.

I was planning on taking my 'Cinema Exhibitor's Card' so she could get in for free - but I seemed to have mislaid it last night. Anyway the ticket seler let her in for free without asking.

Buttons - thanks for links - I really only wanted to 'do up' my button so thanks marilynmd for the link I'll look into buying that gadget as it will save time. http://www.essentialaids.com/dressin...tton-hook.html

Lessa thanks for link - not quite what I was after but the thought counts.

This lunchtime I'm meeting my nieces to see yet another film - a thriller - 007 Spectre https://youtu.be/LTDaET-JweU
    I wouldn't mind having a go in the Aston Martin DB10 - they made 10 of these specially for the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    I wouldn't mind having a go in the Aston Martin DB10
    Watch out for the speed cameras then, you seem to be falling foul of them recently.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Rumour has it Aston may be auctioning off one of the DB10's. Time to crack open the piggy bank I think.

Enjoy the film. I went on Monday, it's excellent
    Last edited by vantage; 01-11-15 at 13:15.
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

Some people avoid the doing-buttons-up lark by (a) leaving them done up, taking it off like a t-shirt, washing it so, never ironing & putting it back on like a t-shirt. Time to look for shirts with LARGER button. An intrepid researcher like you LT should be able to find aids.
    Or alternative clothing..Or a dresser that does not include asking the lodger.

Having said that i found these....pressstuds and magnetic, hmmm..
    http://www.adaptawear.com/Men's+Shirts/0_CAAA027.htm
    theres also able2wear........but at £43 for a velcro fastening shirt, they are aving a laugh!!