Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A difficult one..

I must admit I hunted for ages to get someone to do my garden. It needed landscaping and making accessible for me so I could in the main look after it.
    I was prepared to pay for materials and labour. There were no takers.

In the end I got our local garden centre to do it. Had to pay full whack and I have a large garden. That was only possible because I had been willed some money. I daren't say what it cost but because of that money I didn't do things for the cheapest as I was intending to keep costs down.

We seem to be getting somewhere! Somebody from the council is coming out to assess the situation. She wants to talk to me, mum and dad and of course, she wants proof that we are unable to do it ourselves

Hopefully you will get some joy. Sight of you all should be proof enough. Good luck

You might just have a willing volunteer living around the corner.

Place a heart warming ad on this website and see what happens . . .

https://www.streetlife.com

You should get some sort of help, we did. We had a lovely man come from the council who helped us all day.

Good luck with the council.

I've heard of Streetlife but forgot about it! Cheers@lighttouch.

Sometimes grants are available, http://grants-search.turn2us.org.uk.

Local horticultural clubs might be willing to help (see garden centres and nurserys nearby etc.

when the warmer weather is hear ill show you how I keep my grass trim you will laugh (basically a normal lawnmower with a big heavy slap of concrete strapped to the front so I can walk up and down the garden leaning on it) you would think they would make a lawn mower heavily weighted on the front for people that need to lean on something to do that much walking :P

I know this is an old thread but I was surprised to see that no one suggested getting in touch with the likes of Alan Titchmarsh et al.Tv programme makers love situations like this.