Thread: Told i dont need assessment for esa

Told i dont need assessment for esa

I called up atos a couple of weeks ago to ask if they had any idea how long it would take for me to be assessed, I was told by them that I don't need an assessment as they have sufficient information and that it was now being sent back to the job centre for them to make a decision about me, the job centre told me already that when it comes back to them they can't give me an amount of time it will take them for a decision, but I just can't stand not knowing and wondering if anyone has been told the same and how long it took them?

Just to note that it's Maximus that do ESA assessments now, ATOS no longer do ESA.

The fact that they have enough information without you having to attend a WCA indicates that yours is a fairly clear cut case, and that you will be getting an award.
    They cannot find you fit-for-work without a face to face assessment, so thats one thing less to worry about.

As for how long, that will depend on the workload that the particular DWP Decision Maker has at the moment.
    With yours seeming to be a clear cut case I would expect a fairly quick result though.
    If you haven't heard anything in a week give the DWP another ring.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hiya I didint have to have an assesment for esa either, my employers sorted everything out for me and I got placed straight in the support group, I had to have a face to face assessment for pip though x

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Just to note that it's Maximus that do ESA assessments now, ATOS no longer do ESA.

The fact that they have enough information without you having to attend a WCA indicates that yours is a fairly clear cut case, and that you will be getting an award.
    They cannot find you fit-for-work without a face to face assessment, so thats one thing less to worry about.

As for how long, that will depend on the workload that the particular DWP Decision Maker has at the moment.
    With yours seeming to be a clear cut case I would expect a fairly quick result though.
    If you haven't heard anything in a week give the DWP another ring.

Thank you!
    Hopefully it shouldn't be too long,
    And didn't even company had changed haha they didn't tell me what it was only going by what I read online but thanks for telling me.

Quote Originally Posted by donnaclarke View Post
    Hiya I didint have to have an assesment for esa either, my employers sorted everything out for me and I got placed straight in the support group, I had to have a face to face assessment for pip though x
    Thank you, I hope to be in the support group I would assume so if they haven't asked to see me x

Hi savanabanana hope all is Ok.
    Can I ask if you've had any progress as i am in a similar situation and would love to know how you got on.
    Thanks

I was worried to but I was put straight into support group and got high rate of dla mobility with out a face to face think it was to do with my gp information she sent in If your gp is on your side I think it does go a lot smoother and quicker