Thread: Taken from Support Group to Work Related Activities Group. What happens next?

Taken from Support Group to Work Related Activities Group. What happens next?

Hello, I have just joined this site.
    I am on a certain degree of DLA from my car crash previously and have had my ATOS assessment.
    They have taken me off of the Support Group and I am now in the WRAG group, as it is called.

I have been on it for several months and have not been asked to attend any organisations regarding
    getting me back into work.

I have seen a woman at the Job Centre here who deals with people with medical issues and disabilities.
    I have explained to her about my volunteer work, of which I do a lot and my attendance of a Job Club.

I have heard no more from her and she says I am already doing more than enough.
    I love my volunteer work and want to keep it up. I am not sure I can take on a full time job due to my
    medical condition and I am happy were I am. I see my doctor regularly and she is happy with what I am
    doing and thinks it is best for me.

My question is, what happens from here on? I am under the impression (from the media) that people on DLA
    and ESA are trying to be unhinged and put back into work. How long am I on the WRAG group for before they
    try to move me off it. I have heard bad things and I am worried. I did not appeal my ATOS, maybe I should have
    done but I thought the WRAG group might be a good thing for me to try.

thanks in advance

A friend of mine was in WRAG a while back. She said that for the first 6 weeks she had an interview with a JC advisor every week, then monthly after that. However, they agreed to do this interview over the phone instead of her having to go into the jobcentre. She stated it was pretty informal and she did not feel pressured into doing anything she felt herself incapable of. It might be different now, this was about 3 years ago.

On the other hand I have heard stories of people in WRAG being treat pretty much like they are on jobseekers, being told to do work placements and such :S

If you are happy and your advisor is happy with what you are doing then just carry on doing it!

Until you are called for reassessment then you stay in the WRAG group. Are you on contribution based ESA or income based? (look on your award letter)

Don't forget that you can do Permitted Work whilst on ESA. There are criteria that you have to meet (see link and talk to your advisor). This might be an option for you at a later stage?

https://www.gov.uk/employment-suppor...ce/eligibility