Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VW. Tip ofthe iceberg? Death knell for diesels?

The software that is in question was designed by Bosch back in 2007. Even then it was known internally that emmission testing equipment could be duped but nobody thought it was a big deal and the story was buried.

What's interesting is that lots of people who bought new VWs will be in for compensation. This will be good for the auto trade as people will have compensation that they want to spend on . . . a new car!

One way to boost the economy is by getting big companies to 'splash the cash' in compensation payments.

VW have put £5b aside but cost could top £30b. Politics will rear head if Germany government try to save VW. Very serious times ahead. We need to know who knew what. Another example of corporate entities putting profit first. Who can be trusted now?

Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    How can you be so sure Warkman? I wouldn't be surprised if other manufacturers are doing the same thing.

Your dislike for German cars is well known on here.

You drive a Skoda. They could end up implicated in this as they are part of the VW group.
    Warkman hates german cars (ok I hate fords Ill admit) but he drives a Skoda mmm now mmm to Warkman he owns a Skoda thats owned by vw and they all have all their engines drive trains you name it by vw mmm double standards then just a thought!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Warkman hates german cars (ok I hate fords Ill admit) but he drives a Skoda mmm now mmm to Warkman he owns a Skoda thats owned by vw and they all have all their engines drive trains you name it by vw mmm double standards then just a thought!!!
    Seat and Skoda in reality are quasi - German cars. Damaged brand now? Will second hand values plummet?

Looks like VW are changing course and ramping up the hybrid/electric car area. They are going to invest more into research and development of electric cars than the combined budget of the top four car companies combined.

It looks like the electric/hybrid car will be coming of age.

Let's see what happens.

This may be the case but VW certain to have very bad publicity over next few years further damaging brand. Bit like FIFA story it will run and run. We already seeing VW second hand prices suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Looks like VW are changing course and ramping up the hybrid/electric car area.
    I've heard their new model is going to be called the Volkswagen Fiasco.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Perhaps a big cat theme starting with the 'cheetah'

Or perhaps they can start producing just 'Electric' cars and rebrand themselves but still keep the Volkswagon / VW logo but call themselves 'Volts-Wagon' instead!!