Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VW. Tip ofthe iceberg? Death knell for diesels?

You have a fair point ChrisK.

I see that VW have admitted using the same test rigging technology in Europe to fake test results. Also, a BMW SUV has failed a test, which has sent their share price down.
    Last edited by vantage; 24-09-15 at 11:11.
    No single thing can define me; not my work, not my politics, not my hobbies, not my vices and not my disability. I'm way more complex than that!

Bankers no trust. Estate agent no trust. Politicians no trust. Now car manufacturers no trust. Very bad

Ok, let's get this into perspective.
    Yes VW have cheated
    No, no one else has. I've worked in powertrain and can tell you that in the majority of companies would not stoop to this, we have spent millions to meet emissions, not cheat like these Germans.
    Don't tar all manufacturers with the same brush.

How can you be so sure Warkman? I wouldn't be surprised if other manufacturers are doing the same thing.

Your dislike for German cars is well known on here.

You drive a Skoda. They could end up implicated in this as they are part of the VW group.
    Last edited by CTCELT88; 24-09-15 at 19:33.

Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    How can you be so sure Warkman? I wouldn't be surprised if other manufacturers are doing the same thing.

You drive a Skoda. They could end up implicated in this as they are part of the VW group.
    I believe you are correct. VAG 1.6 and 2.0 diesels affected across group. I glad I drive petrol as I feel price of diesel rising as tax low on petrolhigher on diesel. It inconceivable only VW involved, all banks wete bad and same eith car manufacturers too.

I can understand why the authorities in America are really pissed off about this but I find the faux outrage from American consumers quite funny. Talk of suing VW etc etc. As far as the Americans are concerned a really big v10 petrol car = good but a medium sized diesel which emits slightly more NOx than claimed and all hell breaks loose.

Because I work in the auto industry. Even VAG group gave confirmed that EU6 engines (the current ones) are free from this cheat.
    Even if another manufacturer uses the VAG engine (outside the VAG group) then they set their own cal and controls for their use.

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    I believe you are correct. VAG 1.6 and 2.0 diesels affected across group. I glad I drive petrol as I feel price of diesel rising as tax low on petrolhigher on diesel. It inconceivable only VW involved, all banks wete bad and same eith car manufacturers too.
    Sorry, but imho that us a ridiculous comment and makes out that all of us who work in the Auto industry are cheats. This is plainly incorrect and a slur on great engineers!

Only time will tell if this has happened to other manufactured outside the VW group. They are hardly going to admit it are they though?

By the way, Skoda and Audi have both confirmed that some of their cars have cheated diesel tests like VW. So you are wrong Warkman.
    Last edited by CTCELT88; 28-09-15 at 20:04.

Only time will tell if this has happened to other manufactured outside the VW group. They are hardly going to admit it are they though?

By the way, Skoda and Audi have both confirmed that some of their cars have cheated diesel tests like VW. So you are wrong Warkman.
    Time shall tell, but I feel others will be implicated too. Sadly Skoda and Audi affected. I feel VW may not survive as they are now.