Thread: awarded pip claimed esa but in the work focus group.

awarded pip claimed esa but in the work focus group.

Awarded pip on the 8th of September applied the 20th of July. I am so confused about the extra money I am intiled too as I haven't found anything about being in the work focus group for esa. Could anyone explain the premiums I could get please? Please?

P.s its the enhanced rate of the daily living component.

Are you getting contribution based ESA or income based? If it's contribution based then there are no premiums. If it's income based and you are in the work related activity group for ESA then being awarded PIP should entitle you to the Enhanced Disability Premium of 15.75 per week.

Yes the income based. Thankyou so much for the reply. I have come home after spending the weekend at my mums and I have had a letter from the dwp about a form to fill in for severe disability premium? What is it? , Thankyou again for the reply!!

Fill it in and send it off as if you are entitled to SDP it' quite a bit of extra money. To qualify you have to be receiving a qualifying benefit (PIP) and be living alone with no-one claiming carer's allowance for looking after you.

Thankyou again for the reply. Yes noone lives with me or cares for me. Dwp called me I think it was Friday and asked asked me the same questions you asked me. Me being a little dense I thought she was asking for me to be moved to the support group of esa but she must be of been talking about this, she said I will get the back pay in 3 working days but I understand why this form has come... Seem abit strange that they would give it me without me applying for it...

Thankyou again for reply!!