Thread: PIP and Child Tax Credits / Working Credits

PIP and Child Tax Credits / Working Credits

Hi,

Has anyone else been the situation where they were getting CTC or WTC and finally received PIP - did DWP recalculate your Child Tax Credit all over again from the date of your PIP application? I was receiving tax credits as Daughter is on DLA until our income got too much but then DWP decided we had an overpayment. I'm wondering what happens if I tell DWP that I now get PIP and can they recalculate Child Tax from June 2013. It might make a difference to the money we owe them but then they might insist we pay it all back and I need the PIP backpay to pay off my debts which I've incurred during this 2 year wait.

Hi sorry to hear about your situation, in truth I have seen a lot of my friends finding out about overpayments even though they informed child tax credit of every change.
    Child tax credit only takes any disability entitlement to a child into account for a dissability premium and not a parent/carer (both my son and my partner are disabled but only our son gets the premium for child tax credits) unlike working tax credit where I believe a parents/carers entitlement would be included in a claim.
    If you are on benefits for example ESA you will be able to request to pay this debt of over 3 years at a set amount each month.
    My best advice is to go into your local cab who would be able to help and advise you on this