Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light subject - Tattoos?

Light subject - Tattoos?

Just wondering how many of us have tattoos? At age 27, I have finally got my first one(My friend is a tattoo artist and has just opened up a shop! How cool.)

3 Daisies on my inner left wrist - My dad is half Latvian, and the Daisy is the national flower of Latvia, plus it is my nieces name. The middle one is yellow as it's my favourite colour and favourite flower.

If you have tattoos, what are they? and are there any particular reason behind getting it?

I got a sort of leafy design at the bottom of my back six years ago,with a butterfly in the middle.
    I had gone to Blackpool as I was really fed up, as my ex had left me for another woman
    There are loads of tattoo parlors there and I kept being drawn to the same design at each one we (my son and I) walked past
    I got it done out of sheer badness as I knew my ex would not have approved
    A couple of weeks earlier I had my nose pierced for the same reason

I have tattoos, started 19 years ago with a tiny Bambi and butterfly on one shoulder, then I went on to have a tiny rabbit on the other shoulder.
    A few years passed before I had a tiny perching bird on one ankle, after a couple more years I had a hummingbird on the other ankle. About 5 years ago I had a large piece of art consisting of several butterflies designed specifically for me from my elbow to the top of my arm and went on to have a humming bird design, again specifically for me, in my other elbow to the top of my arm.

All are very colourful and I like them. I was in my early 60's when I had the latest ones done.
    I am tempted to go back and have something down both my feet. Tattoos are addictive.
    We have a female tattoo artist in the village who is a fantastic artist and I put my trust in her totally.

I also have double piercings in my ears and have my nose pierced too. All done in my older years.

I have a few Tattoo's, but I was 30 before i started lol ... I had a little Pooh Bear holding a balloon on my shoulder, as my young niece developed neuroblastoma when she was three years old, and Pooh bear was her favourite character ( she is now 23 yo )
    My next a small one on my inner wrist of infinity and eternity, representing how much i love my children and family
    My next one was a 'beer mat' tribal on my lower back that i designed, one of my unfavs, and it really hurt lol
    My next on my outer wrist was two little paw prints to commemorate my Boxer Dog Tyler once he left for rainbow bridge.
    My next was on the back of my Neck 'Nemo Me Impune Lacessit' Which is the Scots Guard motto, this is one of my favs, as I had this in remembrance of my Dad a former Scots Guard who passed away three years ago this December, he had this also as a tattoo
    My next on my outer forearm was 'Belle' my first Granddaughter who is 2 years next month, and this year I had ' & Beau' for my second Granddaughter who will be a year old in December next to Belle. ( my sister jokes and says she doesn't need her Granddaughters name as she can remember her name lol)
    Except for the eternity/infinity one, I have had all these done whilst on holiday in Rhodes, a place I would love to retire to
    Last year having Belle, friends of ours, went into the tattooist to meet us, and asked if we had been in, and a young girl said ' oh if you mean the elderly couple they are over the road having a coffee' ....... I was 46 at the time and tagged with 'Elderly' oh we did laugh lolllll
    My next one will be two more little paw prints as my Rottie Shadow recently left to join Tyler on rainbow bridge
    I'm hoping thats my lots for a while especially Grandbabies names lol

Had my first done in my early 30'S.
    My first was a small cartoon pig, (love pigs, lol). After the first one, I got the "bug" and I now have 7 tattoos.

I have a large tribal at the base of my spine, which took about 4 hours, (all in one go!).

I have a small hearts and flames one at the top of my arm, I am hoping to get a cover up done on this one as I really don't like it now. I am going for a sunflower to cover it, as sunflowers were my son's fave flower. (I lost him 4 years ago). I am hoping to get this done next year, jus need to find a good cover up tattooist.

I have a fox on my left shoulder and chinese writing on my right shoulder, that translates as "Rebel".

I have the word "hope" going down my spine. And lastly a triquetra in between my shoulders at the base of my neck.

I have also had several piercings, tongue, a Monroe above my lip, nipple, eyebrow, nose etc. Plus several ear piercings. I only have the ear piercings now. (got fed up of having to remove them all every time I went into hospital for surgeries).

The strange thing is, when having tattoos, I am completely relaxed and have been known to fall asleep, but blood tests etc make me faint.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

To be honest I was ancient when I started at 48. My mother hated tattoos so she never knew I had them. Kept them secret for about 20 years until she passed away still not knowing.
    Much easier than the grief she would have constantly given me.

apart from flowers, who still has youth on her side, what a bunch of old rebels we are lol

Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    apart from flowers, who still has youth on her side, what a bunch of old rebels we are lol
    LOL Deebee, definitely a bunch of old rebels

Nope 48 here I left my youth way back over yonder <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< lol

A lot of women enjoy having tattoos done 'below the bikini line' -or small butterflies on there shoulder blade. May dad had a tattoo on his forearm - something you just did in the army as he was only 18.

They look great when new - 50 years down the line it just turns into a grey blob.

Some of these look cool for now . . . http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...1D&FORM=IQFRBA