Thread: How likely am I to be accepted?

How likely am I to be accepted?

This is a general question.

I was banned from driving in 2004 and haven't drove since. (Drink driving) In March my son was diagnosed with neuroblatoma (cancer). Therefor I went through the process of getting my license back as we need to be at hospital quite a lot and we live about 40 miles from the hospital where he's being treated.

My license was issued today, so I'm applying to get a mobility car to get us backwards and forwards hospital for treatment and appointments.

Question is, how likley am I to be accepted? After searching the forums I've read that they will not accept anyone with this sort on conviction in the last 5 years. Will the fact that I have only just be issued a license go against my application. Bearing in mind that my license will technically be clean?

You really need to contact Motability and, probably, their insurers RSA and ask them. There have been cases such as yours on the forum before but usually related to other convictions (eg driving without insurance) and some have had success in getting onto the scheme.
    Caring is an art not a science

Thanks. I've just called them and they said there would be no problems. They only take convictions in the last 5 years. The fact I've only just had my license returned would not be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Robjp View Post
    Thanks. I've just called them and they said there would be no problems. They only take convictions in the last 5 years. The fact I've only just had my license returned would not be an issue
    Best of luck, hope all goes well with you're son.
    Ted

YOUR , how can you continually get the word wrong

Quote Originally Posted by bspm View Post
    oops dint no the grama police wo in ere

Quote Originally Posted by bspm View Post
    Calm yourself a little harsh pal