Thread: ESA wca medical-do I have to sign statement on day?

ESA wca medical-do I have to sign statement on day?

Hi there,

I have just got a letter after sending back ESA50 that I have to go for a medical. Just wondering do I have to sign any statements on day? (with dla claim in past it was read out to me and I had to sign it) I don't like having to sign these statements due to fact that I am not quite sure what I am signing to.

Will the health care pro take a full history of any work done or when my medical problems started, or is it simply a question and answer session about how I spend a typical day?

Do I have any freedom to elaborate further on how my health problems affect me, (anxiety and social phobia) I have given a full description on ESA50 but if I start to explain at medical is it possible the assessor will cut me short and even call a halt as they may say I am not cooperating enough?

Thank you for any help.
    John

Hi John. No you don't have to sign anything, you can ask for the assessment to be recorded, which would me they would cancel the appointment you have now and rearrange another appointment, I had to wait 3 weeks longer for appointment after requesting it to be recorded, but it was worth it.

They will ask you about your day to day life, what difficulties you have, medication your on, basically going over the questions you answered on the ESA50, you can elaborate then, if they want you to stop they will say, but make sure you get the most important points across to him/her

have you someone to go with you? if not is there anyone you can ask to go with you?

I wish you well John and hope you get the result your entitled to. let us know how you get on.

Mazz

Quote Originally Posted by sassy63 View Post
    Hi John. No you don't have to sign anything, you can ask for the assessment to be recorded, which would me they would cancel the appointment you have now and rearrange another appointment, I had to wait 3 weeks longer for appointment after requesting it to be recorded, but it was worth it.

They will ask you about your day to day life, what difficulties you have, medication your on, basically going over the questions you answered on the ESA50, you can elaborate then, if they want you to stop they will say, but make sure you get the most important points across to him/her

have you someone to go with you? if not is there anyone you can ask to go with you?

I wish you well John and hope you get the result your entitled to. let us know how you get on.

Mazz

Thanks for your reply, well my partner will drop me off at the centre, though I suffer from social phobia and wish to tell them how it really affects me I am reluctant to take my partner into actual interview room as I feel all the personal things I would like to say might scare her(provided that the assessor gives me a chance to do so and I don't feel overwhelmed and forget what I want to say)
    though my partner is well aware that I have a lot of problems with it.

I just hope that I will get the chance to explain how the social phobia affects nearly every aspect of my life and my relationship with people and not wanting to mix, and hope that the examiner doesn't just see because I turned up that I can't be that bad.

Thank you for your wishes.
    John
    Last edited by johnsmi; 19-08-15 at 21:29.

Just wondering about recording again, is it just sound only they record, I was thinking too that though it can work in a clients favour, is there a chance too that maybe a claimant could say something out of nervousness that might actually work against them should the recording have to be used?

I am seriously thinking about asking for the medical to be recorded.
    Thanks for any advice.
    John